+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported//inland

Jan 20, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have a big question and favor to ask anyone who knows about my situation...

I had a deported status to enter canada... I got married to a canadian woman back on 2010 in my home country... I came to canada as a flight attendant and was informed of my deported status.. they let me in with a special temporary resident status ( 4 months ) which would expired after i left with the crew but since i had to apply for a special permission to get back everytime with my wife, we both decided that i would stay and apply inland... I already apply inland the first days of this years however i received a letter from immigration that i need to go to an interview because i'm still in the country and i'm no longer a flight attendant ( that i should have had left 72 hours after quitting my position)...

My inland application for spousal sponsorship is already filed... am i at risk of being deported? ( i have no criminal background )

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
As long as you are in Canada without legal status, you are always in danger of being deported, you are in contravention of the immigration laws.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

DeporteQuestion1 said:
Hello everyone,

I have a big question and favor to ask anyone who knows about my situation...

I had a deported status to enter canada... I got married to a canadian woman back on 2010 in my home country... I came to canada as a flight attendant and was informed of my deported status.. they let me in with a special temporary resident status ( 4 months ) which would expired after i left with the crew but since i had to apply for a special permission to get back everytime with my wife, we both decided that i would stay and apply inland... I already apply inland the first days of this years however i received a letter from immigration that i need to go to an interview because i'm still in the country and i'm no longer a flight attendant ( that i should have had left 72 hours after quitting my position)...

My inland application for spousal sponsorship is already filed... am i at risk of being deported? ( i have no criminal background )
I think that you will find that are going to be deported again. Previous deport, remained without permission. Does not look good.

Jan 20, 2012
Thank you for your prompt responses.... No? i think you might be right... I entered as a flight crew member.. permission for four months but as a crew member.. since i quitted i had 72 hours to leave... but the permit was given even thought it can be revoked or cancelled anytime i'm assuming that's what is the hearing for... now my question is.. what can i use on my favor.. is not that i intented to stay from the very beggining but after finding out my status was deported and after applying outland i would be flag as applying for PR plus deporte status.. i dont think i would have seen my wife for another 10 months on top of the year and a half i didn't see her... I would appreciatte any insights about my case... again my hearing is on monday... here is more information about my case

TPR 4 MONTHS AS A CREWMEMBER
DEPORTED BACK IN 2007 ( FAILED REFUGEE STATUS BUT LEFT ON MY OWN *BOUGHT MY OWN TICKETS* )
LEGALLY ENTERED CANADA AUTHORIZED BY AN OFFICER SINCE I WAS A CREW MEMBER
APPLIED INLAND IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR ( HAD TO WAIT FOR CRIMINAL RECORD OF 2 COUNTRIES )
NOTE SAYING I SHOULD HAVE LEFT WITHIN 72 HOURS SINCE PERMIT AFTER QUITTING MY JOB ( thats what the person written to the ministry about my case is about )
NO CRIMINAL BACKGROUND
WIFE CAN SUPPORT ME// ECONOMICALLY WELL
NO FAMILY BACK HOME

Thank you for checking this out

Jan 20, 2012
Another question would be... Would in-land spousal sponsorship be considered a restoration of status? when you are in out of status state?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DeporteQuestion1 said:
Another question would be... Would in-land spousal sponsorship be considered a restoration of status? when you are in out of status state?
No. If somebody who is on visitor status applies inland, they still have to apply to extend their visitor status before it expires. If somebody who is out of status applies inland, they are still out of status and could be deported. If you are deported while applying inland, you lose your application because it is a requirement of inland that you are staying in Canada.

You should have applied outland and left Canada again when you were supposed to.

Jan 20, 2012
At the moment i have an exclusion order given to me, however, the person who interviewed me asked for the receipt of my inland application and explained that its highly likely that they won't deport me until the inland paperwork is reviewed. I still have to wait until they mail me for a deportation hearing.. I will keep this updated for people who have the same issue.

Reactions: Gill$&@
Jan 20, 2012
Hello Everyone,
Just updating here..
Well as you guys said things are not looking good. So far been 5 months since my Inland application was received. Now as you guys know i got an exclusion order back in January 2012. I got called for an interview again this Month // June and the officer explained to me that I'm not eligible for administrative deferral of departure (came into the country without a written permission by the minister )neither of appealing since I'm a previous deportee. They offered my the Praa option and now I'm pretty much losing all hopes... I'm trying to get a consultant a soon as the weekend goes by for advice and help... If deported it is most likely going to destroy my marriage since is going to be over 2 years outland application time frame and my wife doesn't speak the native language of my country.. It is really hard and not safe for her to be there...
Any thoughts about this matter? negative//positive its all welcome..
Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Reactions: Gill$&@

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
DeporteQuestion1 said:
Hello Everyone,
Just updating here..
Well as you guys said things are not looking good. So far been 5 months since my Inland application was received. Now as you guys know i got an exclusion order back in January 2012. I got called for an interview again this Month // June and the officer explained to me that I'm not eligible for administrative deferral of departure (came into the country without a written permission by the minister )neither of appealing since I'm a previous deportee. They offered my the Praa option and now I'm pretty much losing all hopes... I'm trying to get a consultant a soon as the weekend goes by for advice and help... If deported it is most likely going to destroy my marriage since is going to be over 2 years outland application time frame and my wife doesn't speak the native language of my country.. It is really hard and not safe for her to be there...
What country are you from? I find it kind of strange that outland would be longer than inland. There are a lot of people who are separated waiting for immigration, they just have to keep talking more than those who have their spouse with them. It doesn't mean that you have to divorce or anything.

Reactions: JK123

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
What country are you from? I find it kind of strange that outland would be longer than inland. There are a lot of people who are separated waiting for immigration, they just have to keep talking more than those who have their spouse with them. It doesn't mean that you have to divorce or anything.
Probably Pakistan. I think Islamabad is the only country with a processing time that long. However, if you could get a work visa or a study visa to go to some other country, you can apply through their visa office as long as you have a visa of at least a year.

rites.of.spring

May 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would leave voluntarily and apply outland. I know easier said than done- but had you done this couple of years ago- who knows you might have already settled in Canada. So Yes- it will be a tough move but worth it in the end. And time flys as you get older..:)

DeporteQuestion1 said:
Hello Everyone,
Just updating here..

Jan 20, 2012
The thing is we were separated a year already you know... It' hard when it comes to this of course we love each other but its heart breaking this.. I was wondering if when i was a refugee.. i wasn't the main person i was just following my dad... why would i bee punished when i had no decision on staying or leaving the country... i was over 18 by the time they decided to go back still.. i couldn't stay or anything you know.. it wasn't my case

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately it doesn't matter that you were a minor when the refugee claim was submitted by your parents. I don't think arguing this will help your case especially given that you did not depart Canada within 72 hours after you resigned your job. This was a decision you made independently as an adult even though you specifically knew you were breaking immigration laws and were not allowed to remain in Canada.

I agree that leaving voluntarily and applying outland looks like your best option right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Leon said:
Probably Pakistan. I think Islamabad is the only country with a processing time that long. However, if you could get a work visa or a study visa to go to some other country, you can apply through their visa office as long as you have a visa of at least a year.
I don't think there's any way the study visa will be approved. To qualify for a study visa, you must prove you have strong ties to your home country/country of residence and have no plans to stay in Canada long term. The failed refugee bid + the failure to depart within 72 hours of resigning from the airline job will essentially make this impossible to prove.

Jan 20, 2012
Yes, it looking like i would have to leave and apply outland... Now i wonder if i make an appointment with a CIC officer and explain my situation to them would do any help.. i know on the website it says to make appointments and contact them in person if it is urgent for the application to be processed but i don't know if my case qualifies for this. Anybody knows of this?