+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from Canada - move to US?

missjohnj

Feb 28, 2014
Ok, so I'm sponsoring my husband and he has gone back to his home country. Our baby is due in June so we were thinking of getting him a visitors visa to america due to the fact that the border is 25 minutes away from our house so that after the baby is born i can cross and see him after so we can spend a week or two together with the new born.

I just don't know if he is even allowed to get a visa in the states or will his deportation letter from Canada effect that?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missjohnj said:
Ok, so I'm sponsoring my husband and he has gone back to his home country. Our baby is due in June so we were thinking of getting him a visitors visa to america due to the fact that the border is 25 minutes away from our house so that after the baby is born i can cross and see him after so we can spend a week or two together with the new born.

I just don't know if he is even allowed to get a visa in the states or will his deportation letter from Canada effect that?
Without knowing where your husband is from, it's hard to say, but if the US Border Services discovers his deportation from Canada, he may find it very difficult to enter the US.

Why was he deported from Canada?

Did he leave on his own accord, or was he in fact officially deported?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He'll have to declare that he was removed from Canada when he applies for the US tourist visa. So unlikely it will be approved. But you can certainly give it a try.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just read your other posts and have discovered that he was not deported, as he left voluntarily after receiving his removal notice. That might make things easier for him...I hope.

missjohnj

Feb 28, 2014
yea after receiving his removal notice he books a date with the immigration officer bought his own ticket and left. (although he was deported after a failed refugee claim)

I was just wondering because I wasn't sure if it effected him travelling other places other then Canada - plus if he was close for the birth of out baby it would be amazing

M

mikeymyke

A failed refugee claim, that will pretty much kill any chance of getting a visitor visa. If you want him to spend time with your newborn child, you should go visit him instead.

missjohnj

Feb 28, 2014
ya totally down to do that - its just health care if something happened is not good over there if something where to happen to the baby.

Soleil2020

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Your story is really sad. Maybe you can tell your member of parliament about your case and appeal to him or her to help you in any way they can.

I'm sorry to hear of such suffering.

:-(