+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from Canada, but Permitted to Work?

sssddd

Aug 14, 2014
My girlfriend is a denied refugee claimant. She came to Canada from Hungary 4 years ago with her family when she was 16 years old under her stepfather's closed work permit. After one year, he lost the job which ultimately resulted in him losing his visa. In a moment of desperation, her parents decided to make a refugee claim to be able to stay in the country.

This seemed like the best idea for them at the time, because they got to stay and legally work in the country but it ultimately failed and last week they were deported. She wants to come back by herself.

My girlfriend went to renew her open work permit about a month or two ago because she still had a job and wanted to keep it as long as she was in the country to save money. It was approved, regardless of being under deportation at the time and it is valid to January.

They received a deportation order (form number IMM 5238B) and we are aware that she would need an ARC to enter Canada again and we're wondering what her her chances of getting approved given that she was a minor at the time of the refugee claim, and had no say or choice in the matter whatsoever? And if it was approved, would the work permit still be valid?

Hopefully someone could shed some light.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sssddd said:
My girlfriend is a denied refugee claimant. She came to Canada from Hungary 4 years ago with her family when she was 16 years old under her stepfather's closed work permit. After one year, he lost the job which ultimately resulted in him losing his visa. In a moment of desperation, her parents decided to make a refugee claim to be able to stay in the country.

This seemed like the best idea for them at the time, because they got to stay and legally work in the country but it ultimately failed and last week they were deported. She wants to come back by herself.

My girlfriend went to renew her open work permit about a month or two ago because she still had a job and wanted to keep it as long as she was in the country to save money. It was approved, regardless of being under deportation at the time and it is valid to January.

They received a deportation order (form number IMM 5238B) and we are aware that she would need an ARC to enter Canada again and we're wondering what her her chances of getting approved given that she was a minor at the time of the refugee claim, and had no say or choice in the matter whatsoever? And if it was approved, would the work permit still be valid?

Hopefully someone could shed some light.
Not a chance, she is an adult now.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u must ask a lawyer, its a serious issue and we , if not professionals, r not capable of giving advises