+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent will be 21 right after getting the visa (PR)

malboa

Feb 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I just have a question in the anticipation that one of my daughter (dependent) will be 21 years old before or after getting the visa (PR).

At present, I am waiting for the instruction of my visa office for medicals. If things work out well, and we are able to get approve, will there be a problem for my eldest daughter becoming 21 years old right after we get the visa? Will she be held in the immigration upon landing having aged 21, while in my application, she is still below 21?

Any comments?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

malboa said:
Hi all,

I just have a question in the anticipation that one of my daughter (dependent) will be 21 years old before or after getting the visa (PR).

At present, I am waiting for the instruction of my visa office for medicals. If things work out well, and we are able to get approve, will there be a problem for my eldest daughter becoming 21 years old right after we get the visa? Will she be held in the immigration upon landing having aged 21, while in my application, she is still below 21?

Any comments?

Thanks.
As long as she was under 22 (thats the magic age) at the date of the application then age is "locked in" So it doesn't matter if she turned 35, as long as she is neither married or in c/law relationship, she is still a dependent.

PMM