+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Visa for Mother

jaskirat1982

Aug 25, 2019
Hi

I am shifting to Canada on Work Permit - its an inter company transfer. My wife will move in later as the dependent (I am the primary applicant).

My query is about my mother. My mother's situation:
-72 years old
-Widowed
-She has 2 daughters and 1 Son (Me)
-Both daughters are married and settled in US
-She has always stayed with me
-She has Diabetes, High blood pressure since last 18 years, but regular medication keeps it under control
-She is a pension holder (as my Father was in MES - Defense)
-General health is good otherwise.
-Dependent on us financially and emotionally

I hope to bring her on parent super visa as soon as I start my job in Canada. Is it possible to apply for a super visa for her after around a month into my job in Canada ? (salary or financials wouldn't be a problem)

If super visa doesn't work out, what are the other options (including humanitarian or compassionate grounds)?
Ideally, I would want that my mother can travel together with my wife to Canada within 2-3 months of my landing

Hope some one can help guide me on the next steps, but I really want my Mother to come along and stay with us so we can take care of her.

Regards
Jaskirat Singh

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I am shifting to Canada on Work Permit - its an inter company transfer. My wife will move in later as the dependent (I am the primary applicant).

My query is about my mother. My mother's situation:
-72 years old
-Widowed
-She has 2 daughters and 1 Son (Me)
-Both daughters are married and settled in US
-She has always stayed with me
-She has Diabetes, High blood pressure since last 18 years, but regular medication keeps it under control
-She is a pension holder (as my Father was in MES - Defense)
-General health is good otherwise.
-Dependent on us financially and emotionally

I hope to bring her on parent super visa as soon as I start my job in Canada. Is it possible to apply for a super visa for her after around a month into my job in Canada ? (salary or financials wouldn't be a problem)

If super visa doesn't work out, what are the other options (including humanitarian or compassionate grounds)?
Ideally, I would want that my mother can travel together with my wife to Canada within 2-3 months of my landing

Hope some one can help guide me on the next steps, but I really want my Mother to come along and stay with us so we can take care of her.

Regards
Jaskirat Singh
No - a super visa will not be possible. Super visas are only available to those who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada. So you don't qualify.

There is no dependent visa available to your mother since she is not classified as a dependent for Canadian immigration purposes. Her only option is to apply for a TRV (regular tourist visa) to come to Canada for a few weeks or months - however she will eventually have to return home. She will not be able to stay and live here with you.

H&C can only be applied for if she is in Canada and is a very bad idea. She doesn't meet any of the requirements and refusal is guaranteed. Once she's refused, she will be forced to return home and returning to Canad again in the future will be very difficult.

You will have to be satisified with hopfully getting a TRV approved and having her visit occasionally.

jaskirat1982

Aug 25, 2019
No - a super visa will not be possible. Super visas are only available to those who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada. So you don't qualify.

There is no dependent visa available to your mother since she is not classified as a dependent for Canadian immigration purposes. Her only option is to apply for a TRV (regular tourist visa) to come to Canada for a few weeks or months - however she will eventually have to return home. She will not be able to stay and live here with you.

H&C can only be applied for if she is in Canada and is a very bad idea. She doesn't meet any of the requirements and refusal is guaranteed. Once she's refused, she will be forced to return home and returning to Canad again in the future will be very difficult.

You will have to be satisified with hopfully getting a TRV approved and having her visit occasionally.
Hi

Do i have these Options
1. Is it possible for me to apply for a PR under express entry as soon as I land in Canada and then call my Mother
2. My cousin brother is a PR of Canada can he sponsor my mother (Parental Aunt's Son)

Regards
Jaskirat Singh

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

Do i have these Options
1. Is it possible for me to apply for a PR under express entry as soon as I land in Canada and then call my Mother
2. My cousin brother is a PR of Canada can he sponsor my mother (Parental Aunt's Son)

Regards
Jaskirat Singh
1. No. You need to wait until you are actually a PR before you will be able to apply to bring your mother on a super visa. You can submit a profile to the Express Entry pool immediately. Note that you must currently have around 460 points to be selected of out of pool (and also note that you won't get the 50 points for having a job offer until you have worked in Canada for a full year). If you have enough points and are selected out of the pool, you will then be able to submit the PR application. Processing for the PR application will take anywhere from four months to over a year. Once processing is completed, you are approved, and you officially become a PR - you can then submit the super visa application.
2. No. Only children can sponsor their parents for a super visa.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi

Do i have these Options

Regards
Jaskirat Singh
1. Yes, if you qualify under the FSW class (you probably do), and you have enough points, you can apply for PR. It takes about 8-10 months if you're starting from scratch (you have to evaluate your education, take the IELTS, get invited, etc.). Once you have become a PR, you can apply for a super-visa.

2. No.

jaskirat1982

Aug 25, 2019
1. Yes, if you qualify under the FSW class (you probably do), and you have enough points, you can apply for PR. It takes about 8-10 months if you're starting from scratch (you have to evaluate your education, take the IELTS, get invited, etc.). Once you have become a PR, you can apply for a super-visa.

2. No.
Thank you !!

jaskirat1982

Aug 25, 2019

2. No.
Thank you, I will start with my PR Process as well, hope it can go in Parallel with the Work Permit.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you, I will start with my PR Process as well, hope it can go in Parallel with the Work Permit.
Yes, it can go in parallel. You can start here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

If this says you're eligible, you need to check your CRS score - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Since you haven't taken the IELTS, make reasonable assumptions for your score and see how many points you have. If you have more than 460, you will be invited almost immediately after you enter the pool, and you can take it from there.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also be aware that super visas are not all approved. So even once your mother qualifies, approval is not guaranteed and it's possible she may need to remain in her home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general supervisa require that you show that you have earned the LICO amount in Canada so usually people qualify around the 1 year mark or after their first tax return. If you want to move to Canada you have to be prepared for your mother to not be able to come to Canada with you and not be able to stay in Canada longterm. If you’re not comfortable with this you shouldn’t be moving to Canada. You should also be aware that any medical insurance will only cover emergencies and once stabilized people are expected to return to their own countries to receive care. Her diabetes and high blood pressure medication will not be covered and she will can only bring a 90 day supply of medication. Canada does have a program to sponsor parents but the program can change from year to year and has also been on hold for numerous years in the past. It is not something you can count on.