+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent PR application.

vinaykadam

Oct 13, 2018
Hi All,

I'm on WP planning to apply for PR. My dependents (wife and kids) has valid visitor record. My question is if I apply for my individual PR. Does my dependents will able to stay with me? Or do the have to travel back and join me later?

Appreciate for any information on the same.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
If I understand right, you mean you want to apply for PR with two dependents.

If you get PR, then your depends get PR too. This means that they can stay with you! That simple!

vinaykadam

Oct 13, 2018
Thanks for your response.

I mean to say we all dependents and I have valid visitor record and work permit till 2021. There are two ways to apply PR one with family other without. I'm getting high score if I individually apply for PR but my question is hence my dependents has valid visitor record will they able to stay with me on their visitor record status?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks for your response.
I mean to say we all dependents and I have valid visitor record and work permit till 2021. There are two ways to apply PR one with family other without.
You are mistaken. If you have a family, you cannot simply leave them off of your application, you must include them. If they are not in Canada, you can list them as non-accompanying, but you still have to provide PCCs & medicals merely to preserve the right to sponsor them later. Obviously, if they are already in Canada, you cannot claim that they are non-accompanying.

I'm getting high score if I individually apply for PR but my question is hence my dependents has valid visitor record will they able to stay with me on their visitor record status?
They are allowed to stay. IRCC may be displeased with your choice to declare them as non-accompanying, however.

No, you cannot have it both ways.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
I completely agree with jes_ON. I think that that would be a big mistak if you exclude your dependents from the application