+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child born outside Canada - file transferred to New Delhi

babdeepak

Dec 18, 2012
My wife and I got PRs in 2015 and then we left Canada to pursue a job in the middle east. Our child was born in 2016 in Dubai and we decided to return to Canada this year to save our PR. We got the TRV for our child and now our child is living with us in Canada. I have applied for PR for my child under family sponsorship and my sponsorship has been approved. I also received the Medical request recently. Few days back we got a letter from CIC that our file has been transferred to New Delhi Visa office. We were surprised as all of us are living in Canada now. Does anyone know what is this all about and why would they transfer file to India when the family (including child) is living in Canada? Please advice as we are worried. We don't want to get passport request from New Delhi office.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
My wife and I got PRs in 2015 and then we left Canada to pursue a job in the middle east. Our child was born in 2016 in Dubai and we decided to return to Canada this year to save our PR. We got the TRV for our child and now our child is living with us in Canada. I have applied for PR for my child under family sponsorship and my sponsorship has been approved. I also received the Medical request recently. Few days back we got a letter from CIC that our file has been transferred to New Delhi Visa office. We were surprised as all of us are living in Canada now. Does anyone know what is this all about and why would they transfer file to India when the family (including child) is living in Canada? Please advice as we are worried. We don't want to get passport request from New Delhi office.
They often send the application to the visa office that covers the citizenship of the applicant, not necessarily where they reside. This is normal processing. You used to be able to choose. This is no longer an option.

babdeepak

Dec 18, 2012
They often send the application to the visa office that covers the citizenship of the applicant, not necessarily where they reside. This is normal processing. You used to be able to choose. This is no longer an option.
Thanks for your response. Where would we get the passport request if we are residing in Canada?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks for your response. Where would we get the passport request if we are residing in Canada?
It could be either local or from the visa office, as far as I am aware. You will have to wait until it happens.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There is no inland option for child sponsorship, so the app was always going to go to New Delhi. You should be given the option of submitting the passport to Ottawa.

AV88

Aug 23, 2019
@babdeepak We are currently in the same situation. Can you please give us an idea of the timeline of your application? Did your child stay on in Canada on implied status or did you renew the TRV? also was the passport request from India?
Thanks in advance.