+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant VISA for spouse, Holding PR. pls help.

laxpei01

Jan 18, 2011
Hi,

I'm currently holding PR card in Canada, I'm planning to get my spouse from India. I would like to know can I apply for a WORK VISA for my Spouse to get her into Canada ?
I'm also sponsoring her for a PR Canada, but that is separate, I would like to know how can she accompany me here in Canada before getting a PR.

Appreciate your expert answer.

Thanks

noelcezh

Jan 21, 2009
manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laxpei01 said:
Hi,

I'm currently holding PR card in Canada, I'm planning to get my spouse from India. I would like to know can I apply for a WORK VISA for my Spouse to get her into Canada ?
I'm also sponsoring her for a PR Canada, but that is separate, I would like to know how can she accompany me here in Canada before getting a PR.

Appreciate your expert answer.

Thanks
might as well sponsor her so that she become immigrant when she landed in canada.

laxpei01

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks for the reply...

I will sponsor her but it might take some time for finalizing her application.
but I would like her to join me in mean time..... so can I apply for open work permit for her or can I apply for a TRV.

I thought we cannot apply for work permit for spouse when I'm PR...
Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not apply for an open work permit for her. You can apply for a TRV but there is no guarantee that it will be approved. Spouses are often considered to have a high risk to overstay. You can apply to sponsor her for PR but as a PR yourself, you must be in Canada to sponsor. Luckily for you, India is fairly fast with spousal sponsorship.

laxpei01

Jan 18, 2011
Hi,

Are you sure I cannot get a TRV for my spouse with my PR card???
its that unlikely that I have to wait min 6 months to get PR for spouse to join me in Canada ??

I have a arranged employment will that do anything better for getting TRV

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try applying for a TRV for her but it is very common that spouses of PR's and citizens are denied a TRV because immigration thinks they will overstay. This could easily mean that you will be separated for 6 months or more, however long the application takes to process.