Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
alemoo said:
I agree that filing that application is the most important thing to do. We could have done it shortly after getting married but I had only known her for about six months at that time and I'm sure it would have been denied. Now I have lived with her in Mexico City for a year so I think that will clear up any concerns they might have about the genuineness of the relationship. My only reason for holding off on the application to sponsor is that while they do allow for dual intent, I get the feeling that the eTA will be denied in December if she is coming to "visit" me and they see a pending sponsorship application.

The car is parked and is off the insurance. I'm trying to get overtime and also put on the night shift at work (there is an extra premium) so we can save more and I can buy her groceries, internet, etc.

I'm sorry you couldn't be around for the birth of your daughter. It should be an exception that couples should be together for something like this.
Assuming you are Canadian citizen, you can apply outland and also be out of country during the processing. Obviously you will have to be the best judge of whether it's too your advantage to live in Mexico but if you have some employment leads, that might be the best after you submit your application. I went to the UAE to stay with my husband during the preparation and processing of our application. But I could afford to do that (my husband was able to support me while I was a tourist).

Scylla and others are 100% correct about being honest on your application.

The primary issue in any family class sponsorship application is relationship genuineness...so you need to think about building your case. Save your chat histories, emails, any documents that show you traveled, employment history, testimonials from friends and family - even if they were against your relationship this is evidence of a relationship (ironically), if you hung out at a cafe or restaurant, heck, get the restaurant owner to write a nice note on your behalf....if you want to make the testimonials have more punch put a section on the bottom where the person swears that the information in the letter is the truth....sign, date, etc....next level would be sworn affadavit but this costs money....

The comments about making sure she is the one may be valid.....it seems that she doesn't recognize the love that you have for her....I understand her being upset at your leaving....but after all you've explained and I'm assuming you still communicate she doesn't realize that you love her and you want what's best for her? Of course I'm only seeing things through a very small lense

Don't worry too far into the future about the finances (or at least if you worry, don't stop your process because you don't have now what you need in the future), life has a funny way of working itself out.

If your relationship is genuine and your application is 100% truthful it really will be a matter of when not if. But as a Canadian citizen you can at least spend time out of the country to be with your wife while you are waiting.

Heck, you could always put your case on a GO FUND ME or similar and see if people are willing to support you financially - all options are on the table!

Regarding her living illegally in the US and all the comments, I just have to say after having lived in various countries in the world and coming across very desperate people in my work, Canadians generally have no clue about the circumstances that people find themselves in. We are a very privileged. My husband's family is living in a war zone right now...his best friends are refugees with little hope for the future. That having been said, everyone still knows in their heart what is right and wrong and we need to constantly fight corruption.

I wish you the very best in your application...don't lose hope....

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
Well that's been a long two years. We were honest in the application for their eTAs and they were approved to visit. We just got our UCI number for the Sponsorship application and I have a much better job now. My daughter is conversationally fluent in English and I've been continuing my Spanish (about 70 %). I couldn't be more thankful.

Reactions: 81jim

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Congrats!

Reactions: alemoo

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Well that's been a long two years. We were honest in the application for their eTAs and they were approved to visit. We just got our UCI number for the Sponsorship application and I have a much better job now. My daughter is conversationally fluent in English and I've been continuing my Spanish (about 70 %). I couldn't be more thankful.
So happy for you and your family.

Reactions: alemoo