Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
I've read your thread bud, If me and the wife had a few bucks I would help you out, as others have said your application is going to be fraught with difficulties, if you search my name there is an old post, I have a good buddy that has a good business, his wife was Chinese and overstayed a visa in the USA (by a few days or weeks), that fact was the major reason her PR was refused...they are still fighting it 7 years later (in fact her interview is next month in hong kong).

You are a good man, you are doing things with the best of intentions, but this is going to be a long road I'm sad to say.

If you can get her here, look at a "dual intent" visitor visa application (you apply at the border for a visitor visa, but you declare you are intending to apply for PR, I entered on those grounds). The distance is a relationship killer, we all on this forum can sympathise with that, myself and my wife had to manage with text and a couple of snatched phone calls when she finished work and i was getting up to go to mine (8 hr time difference). Our relationship was strong, but even so, the smallest thing could easily become a big issue, and did.

All I can do is wish you well.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
alemoo said:
No, it's ok, you are just providing options. I am in Ontario and after tax it is about $2,100 a month, and I am viewing rooms after work today for $450 a month. Still working on trying to reach out to the Border Services. I hope they can help but I suspect it is going to be by the book.
Alemoo where in Ontario are you living? I'm asking because my mother-in-law rents a room in her house for a cheap price. If it's London let me know, so I can help you there.

Keep a positive attitude, you have a case filled with red flags but you seem to be a great guy, I really hope that everything goes good for you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadianAlien said:
If you can get her here, look at a "dual intent" visitor visa application (you apply at the border for a visitor visa, but you declare you are intending to apply for PR, I entered on those grounds)
You did not apply for a visitor visa at the border. You were granted visitor STATUS at the border, something entirely different than a visitor visa. As a visa-exempt person, you don't even qualify for a visitor visa.

OP's spouse is not visa-exempt and is therefore in a VERY different position than you were.

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
methyl said:
I think you're not in such a bad shape. I wouldn't put too much value on talking CBSA at the border. Whatever they tell you there is not any guarantee of what is actually going to happen if your wife arrives, it really depends on the agent. I'd say save your money, and apply for immigration now. It does not cost that much if you don't do the medical upfront and do not prepay the landing fee.
It will take me several months to save up for this because I also have to save up for plane tickets for them in December, and first and last months rent when I get a new one or two bedroom when they move here. Plus the sponsorship. It'll take a while. Even if I could get a loan for it now, I'm concerned that the Electronic Travel Authorization application may be denied if they see a pending Sponsorship application. I'm not sure how that would affect her eligibility to come to Canada after the visa requirement is lifted on December 1st. Supposedly you get a response back within minutes...

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
JJ628 said:
Alemoo where in Ontario are you living? I'm asking because my mother-in-law rents a room in her house for a cheap price. If it's London let me know, so I can help you there.

Keep a positive attitude, you have a case filled with red flags but you seem to be a great guy, I really hope that everything goes good for you.
Hi amigo, thanks for the offer...I'm in Mississauga so London is a little ways away. I just got a room...it's $525 including parking and internet. I was trying to convince my wife to let me sleep in my car in the Wal-Mart parking lot for a month and get a YMCA pass so I can shave and shower but she wouldn't let me...it took me three weeks of trying to convince her to let me send her money...finally she said ok...so she's eating better now.

It's really strange how you get so many mixed responses by the CIC. I talked to an agent...and these people you talk to aren't the actual people that review your case. I think they are more like the assistants/liasons. He put the phone on hold to talk to an actual CIC officer and said that Canada doesn't care if you break the immigration laws in another country, in the scope of the Family Class Sponsorship, and that they only care if you are in a genuine relationship, if she has serious medical issues, and if she is a threat to national security or has a criminal record. So going off of this agent's response, it shouldn't be an issue. But I am going to document an explanation and logic for every decision the two of us have made, whether it was together or before we met.

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
canuck_in_uk said:
You did not apply for a visitor visa at the border. You were granted visitor STATUS at the border, something entirely different than a visitor visa. As a visa-exempt person, you don't even qualify for a visitor visa.

OP's spouse is not visa-exempt and is therefore in a VERY different position than you were.
Yeah, exactly - until Dec 1st of this year, all Mexicans require a visitor visa...I don't think you can even board an airplane bound to Canada without it. It took about 7 days to get a response...denied. I wonder if it is better for me to fly there in Dec and then bring them back with me so we are all on the same airplane, or if I should go to the Toronto airport and try to meet them there so I can speak with the officer when she gets there, and show the sponsorship appilcation

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
CanadianAlien said:
I've read your thread bud, If me and the wife had a few bucks I would help you out, as others have said your application is going to be fraught with difficulties, if you search my name there is an old post, I have a good buddy that has a good business, his wife was Chinese and overstayed a visa in the USA (by a few days or weeks), that fact was the major reason her PR was refused...they are still fighting it 7 years later (in fact her interview is next month in hong kong).

You are a good man, you are doing things with the best of intentions, but this is going to be a long road I'm sad to say.

If you can get her here, look at a "dual intent" visitor visa application (you apply at the border for a visitor visa, but you declare you are intending to apply for PR, I entered on those grounds). The distance is a relationship killer, we all on this forum can sympathise with that, myself and my wife had to manage with text and a couple of snatched phone calls when she finished work and i was getting up to go to mine (8 hr time difference). Our relationship was strong, but even so, the smallest thing could easily become a big issue, and did.

I believe it was Mikeymyke who told me before in another thread that he was prepared to spend the rest of his life in his wife's country if the application got denied. I wasn't sure if I was prepared for that when I was living in Mexico this past year, but after seeing that look on my wife's face over and over again as the weeks went by and we got close to my time to leave, I realized that I would do anything for her, and I would live in Mexico until I die. But it was already too late. We had already lost and spent too much money and I had already taken too much time off of work. I had to go. But I wish I never left her because now there is a possibility that the marriage will not survive if she has to wait years.

I just left to come to Canada but if there is a problem with her coming, my company does have the option to ship me to Mexico again, but this time I will be working for a more humane company that actually cares about its employees and doesn't work them to the breaking point. I'm going to go back to Mexico if she can't be with me. I don't want to spend two years watching my daughter grow up on Skype. Maybe one day they won't even want to talk to me anymore.

I know what you mean about how even the smallest issue can become a big thing. It is like that with us as well. I am constantly checking my phone to see if she messaged me. If I go more than four hours without hearing from her I start to get worried that maybe something bad happened to her. It's really hard when she is always in the back of my head. It makes it really difficult to concentrate. I am always depressed. I don't want to do anything. I don't have any friends here. I just sit here and eat pizza and junk food and I'm trying really hard to motivate myself to study for my CCNP. I just feel guilty going out and having fun and spending time with friends because I know that down there she has nobody and nothing, not even internet or data on her phone and it's not fair that I am living like a king and she is suffering...especially when this is the second time that I destroyed her life.

I really have to focus on budgeting because we're going to be in so much trouble to get them up here for December...we need first and last for a new place, the sponsorship application and the plane tickets.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
ImABule said:
Agreed.

I've been working close to 80 hours a week for almost a year now and while I can only take two weeks vacation at a time I've also visited 3x.

Gotta do what you gotta do.
I'm from both Calgary and Toronto. I was making more than $20/hour in Calgary which was normal and about $11/hour pre 2010 in Toronto. I think $17/hour is pretty good.

I worked every overtime I could sometimes working 12 hours for 7 straight days on a single job. I saved up everything I earned, cut down my food expenses and didn't go out much for a year between my marriage proposal and the wedding date. I was prepared to spend the years with my wife should our PR application take that long. It's taken more than 2 years now and I still have savings and have been living with my wife and our daughter in Vietnam. We bith don't work in Vietnam but we managed.

I don't know your situation but sacrifices are needed to be made by you for a bright future which you keep saying not just getting here to Canada.

Just wanted to share my story to hopefully inspire you and hope you don't take it in a negative light.

All the best.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
sorry I was typing the above with one hand while the other holdung my baby daughter. I take care of her everyday day and night not just weekends.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
If you want your wife & daughter to come to Canada you need to make some changes.
First off, do as mostly everyone said and send the PR application off ASAP, do not worry about saving for plane tickets or what have you UNTIL you have put the app in (that makes NO sense), since you can start saving AFTER the app is put in. And you don't need to pay for the full amount right away.
Stop eating pizza and junk food, it's 3 times as expensive.
Sell your car (take transit).
Get a second job (if you aren't doing anything else, what do you have to lose??). You said you don't have friends, you don't go out, etc. This will help with the depression as well, perhaps get second job interacting with people (I am not sure what your first job is). Or get a job at a restaurant and you can usually eat cheaply there, lol.

How can you Skype with your daughter if your wife has no internet??
If your wife loves you, then why would you think that she will just leave you for someone else??

I have been living in Egypt for 5 years, I am not working, I don't have a life here, there is no clean air, the water is gross.....I can go on and on but I am with my husband (my choice, my sacrifice). He was not even allowed to come VISIT me for the birth of our daughter, I had gone back to Canada since I don't trust the doctors or hospitals here. We have all made some type of sacrifice for our relationships.

You can not say that you have destroyed her life, it sounds like that she made some bad decisions in her life that got her to where she is now. No one forces anyone to do anything.

Sorry for ranting but some things you have written do not add up, call me a negative Nelly or Debbie downer, I'm sorry but I won't sugar coat anything.

Good luck on this next chapter of your life.

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
alemoo said:
Hi amigo, thanks for the offer...I'm in Mississauga so London is a little ways away. I just got a room...it's $525 including parking and internet. I was trying to convince my wife to let me sleep in my car in the Wal-Mart parking lot for a month and get a YMCA pass so I can shave and shower but she wouldn't let me...it took me three weeks of trying to convince her to let me send her money...finally she said ok...so she's eating better now.

It's really strange how you get so many mixed responses by the CIC. I talked to an agent...and these people you talk to aren't the actual people that review your case. I think they are more like the assistants/liasons. He put the phone on hold to talk to an actual CIC officer and said that Canada doesn't care if you break the immigration laws in another country, in the scope of the Family Class Sponsorship, and that they only care if you are in a genuine relationship, if she has serious medical issues, and if she is a threat to national security or has a criminal record. So going off of this agent's response, it shouldn't be an issue. But I am going to document an explanation and logic for every decision the two of us have made, whether it was together or before we met.
Keep your positive attitude, I'm sure you'll find a way to bring your wife to you. My advise to you and your wife is to write a letter explaining everything about your relationship. I'm not sure if it's true that they don't bother if you break another country's immigration law, especially US, because they work hand in hand. For now, I wish you the best of luck in this progress and in your relationship with your wife.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
alemoo said:
They don't care from a legal perspective if someone has broken immigration laws in other countries - however this certainly can impact how the officer processing your file views your relationship (and whether your application is approved). Please do not make the mistake of assuming otherwise. If someone has a history of illegal stays in another country, this can often make the officer very concerned the relationship isn't genuine on their end and they are just using their spouse in Canada as a means of immigrating to Canada.

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
AladdinsGirl said:
If you want your wife & daughter to come to Canada you need to make some changes.
First off, do as mostly everyone said and send the PR application off ASAP, do not worry about saving for plane tickets or what have you UNTIL you have put the app in (that makes NO sense), since you can start saving AFTER the app is put in. And you don't need to pay for the full amount right away.
Stop eating pizza and junk food, it's 3 times as expensive.
Sell your car (take transit).
Get a second job (if you aren't doing anything else, what do you have to lose??). You said you don't have friends, you don't go out, etc. This will help with the depression as well, perhaps get second job interacting with people (I am not sure what your first job is). Or get a job at a restaurant and you can usually eat cheaply there, lol.

How can you Skype with your daughter if your wife has no internet??
If your wife loves you, then why would you think that she will just leave you for someone else??

I have been living in Egypt for 5 years, I am not working, I don't have a life here, there is no clean air, the water is gross.....I can go on and on but I am with my husband (my choice, my sacrifice). He was not even allowed to come VISIT me for the birth of our daughter, I had gone back to Canada since I don't trust the doctors or hospitals here. We have all made some type of sacrifice for our relationships.

You can not say that you have destroyed her life, it sounds like that she made some bad decisions in her life that got her to where she is now. No one forces anyone to do anything.

Sorry for ranting but some things you have written do not add up, call me a negative Nelly or Debbie downer, I'm sorry but I won't sugar coat anything.

Good luck on this next chapter of your life.
I agree that filing that application is the most important thing to do. We could have done it shortly after getting married but I had only known her for about six months at that time and I'm sure it would have been denied. Now I have lived with her in Mexico City for a year so I think that will clear up any concerns they might have about the genuineness of the relationship. My only reason for holding off on the application to sponsor is that while they do allow for dual intent, I get the feeling that the eTA will be denied in December if she is coming to "visit" me and they see a pending sponsorship application.

The car is parked and is off the insurance. I'm trying to get overtime and also put on the night shift at work (there is an extra premium) so we can save more and I can buy her groceries, internet, etc.

I'm sorry you couldn't be around for the birth of your daughter. It should be an exception that couples should be together for something like this.

Capin

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO CITY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
02-02-2016...........AOR2 received May 3 -2016
File Transfer...
SA 22-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/04/2017
VISA ISSUED...
01/17/2017
LANDED..........
01/23/2017
CanadianAlien said:

Your friend's wife got denied for PR only because she overstayed in the US???

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
alemoo said:
I agree that filing that application is the most important thing to do. We could have done it shortly after getting married but I had only known her for about six months at that time and I'm sure it would have been denied. Now I have lived with her in Mexico City for a year so I think that will clear up any concerns they might have about the genuineness of the relationship. My only reason for holding off on the application to sponsor is that while they do allow for dual intent, I get the feeling that the eTA will be denied in December if she is coming to "visit" me and they see a pending sponsorship application.

The car is parked and is off the insurance. I'm trying to get overtime and also put on the night shift at work (there is an extra premium) so we can save more and I can buy her groceries, internet, etc.

I'm sorry you couldn't be around for the birth of your daughter. It should be an exception that couples should be together for something like this.
The best of luck to you and your family, and if you have any questions, this is the best forum to help you with your application!!!! We are all in the same boat, just perhaps a different ocean.