28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
mad_hatter said:
They do not need eTA if they enter Canada by land.
if that is true then I could get them a bus ticket and a transit visa for the United States

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
alemoo said:
if that is true then I could get them a bus ticket and a transit visa for the United States
Bad idea. She is automatically banned from the US for 10 years since she was there illegally for over a year. She should not try re-entering the US until 10 years has passed since she was last in the US. Trying to re-enter before the 10 years is up could result in her being detained (i.e. arrested and held). Don't make the mistake of thinking the US won't be able to identify her since she used a fake ID.

M

mikeymyke

She already entered the US illegally before, you think they would let her in again?

Honestly I would forget about applying inland, you won't be able to appeal a refusal at the interview.

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
mikeymyke said:
She already entered the US illegally before, you think they would let her in again?
They don't know. She was never arrested and never fingerprinted

M

mikeymyke

alemoo said:
As scylla said, you shouldn't assume that they won't be able to identify her since she used a fake ID. Also she still has the issue of needing to successfully get a visitor visa to the US. Even without an eTA, she might be questioned as to what her business is trying to come to Canada, how much money she has for her stay, etc. Same round of questioning when she tries to go to the US. Or she might even be lucky and they won't ask anything and she'll be off to the races.

Also I want to say, man-to-man, you have to realize that sponsorship is a huge undertaking, and it's not to be taken lightly. You should be absolutely 100% sure that this woman is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with and that she's not marrying you primarily to come to Canada. It might be hard to believe that with her having living in the US illegally for so long. You would have to pay for any social assistance that her or her child receives for 3 years, even if the relationship dissolves. It would be extremely heart breaking for you to go through so much for her, only for you to realize that she was only in it to come to Canada.

Personally for me, if I ever found out my wife was an illegal before, or shows a strong desire to immigrate and doesn't want to live in her home country, I wouldn't even let her get to the marriage stage. Fortunately, she's the one that actually wanted me to live with her in Vietnam (which is a poorer country than Mexico).

At the beginning, when you kept saying this girl was your daughter, I was going to say she's already a citizen, you should be able to bring her over asap, but I didn't realize this was your stepdaughter, sorry.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
alemoo said:
Your call - but if she lies and gets caught - this will end up complicating your PR application even further. I wouldn't do it. Keep in mind that she will need to be 100% truthful in her Canadian PR application and will need to declare the time she was living in the US illegally (plus obtain an FBI certificate as part of the Canadian PR application). Under no circumstances should she lie in her Canadian PR application.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Also I want to say, man-to-man, you have to realize that sponsorship is a huge undertaking, and it's not to be taken lightly. You should be absolutely 100% sure that this woman is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with and that she's not marrying you primarily to come to Canada. It might be hard to believe that with her having living in the US illegally for so long. You would have to pay for any social assistance that her or her child receives for 3 years, even if the relationship dissolves. It would be extremely heart breaking for you to go through so much for her, only for you to realize that she was only in it to come to Canada.

Personally for me, if I ever found out my wife was an illegal before, or shows a strong desire to immigrate and doesn't want to live in her home country, I wouldn't even let her get to the marriage stage. Fortunately, she's the one that actually wanted me to live with her in Vietnam (which is a poorer country than Mexico).
Agreed 100%.

It is a huge commitment, the undertaking.

I as well, would have thought very long and hard about marrying my wife had she been illegal in another country before.

My wife has never left nor tried to leave Indonesia before marriage to me, and the truth is, she would of preffered me to move there than her come here. She has no interest in living in Canada other than the fact this is where I live. She wouldn't even consider coming to Canada if it wasn't to be with me.

She understands I have a daughter here and that she is now a step mother to her, and she wants to be part of my child's life.

This is the main reason why we have decided it's best for us to live here and why we applied for her sponsorship.

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
My wife is perfectly happy in the United States and had a great life going on with her own job and a car and money until I met her and I told her you have to move back to Mexico so we can get married. She destroyed her life for me. She never once wanted to come to Canada. She just said the only reason why she wants to come to Canada is because it's where I live .

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
She begged me for weeks not to go to Canada. She begged me to stay there with her and it is what I should've done. I could've gotten a loan to buy a house in Mexico and we could had lived there forever together which is exactly what she wanted . But I wanted more. I want to security and stability and protection so I left and I destroyed everything I had and broke her heart

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
alemoo said:
She begged me for weeks not to go to Canada. She begged me to stay there with her and it is what I should've done. I could've gotten a loan to buy a house in Mexico and we could had lived there forever together which is exactly what she wanted . But I wanted more. I want to security and stability and protection so I left and I destroyed everything I had and broke her heart
I suggest you follow the advice given and apply outland for her PR, and be completely honest about her immigration history in the US.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
alemoo said:
My wife is perfectly happy in the United States and had a great life going on with her own job and a car and money until I met her and I told her you have to move back to Mexico so we can get married. She destroyed her life for me. She never once wanted to come to Canada. She just said the only reason why she wants to come to Canada is because it's where I live .
She was living and working there illegally under a fake identity. That's not a real life and not a great life. At any time she could have been deported. Many are deported for something as simple as being caught speeding (she was incredibly lucky this didn't happen to her).

She should not try re-entering the US. However I suspect you're not going to listen to the advice we are giving you here...

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
I'm going to apply for it as soon as I have the money but when they remove the visitor visa requirement in December I think we should be honest of her illegal stay in the US on that application, and state that the reason for the visit is that it is too difficult to be apart while we await the application...and show we have sufficient savings to live together. What do you think?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
alemoo said:
I'm going to apply for it as soon as I have the money but when they remove the visitor visa requirement in December I think we should be honest of her illegal stay in the US on that application, and state that the reason for the visit is that it is too difficult to be apart while we await the application...and show we have sufficient savings to live together. What do you think?
Yes - this is fine and a good plan. Apply for the ETA once December hits and be 100% honest in all of the questions. It's possible you may get lucky. I would submit the outland sponsorship application sooner if you can. Good luck.

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
If alemoo can get his wife and daughter to Canadian border legally. He should declare the wife's intention to apply for PR and do an inland app. By the way if alemoo fathered the daughter, she is a Canadian Citizen. In alemoo's case, doing an inland app has many advantage over outland app.

Outland app require more money up front ie medical.

alemoo will be separated from his wife and daughter for one year or more.

The wife and daughter will continue to live in horrible conditions.

Doing an inland app will take longer, however, if the family is together who cares if it takes two or four years.

Medical will be later, this will allow alemoo to save up more money. Also the wife may be able to work during this time to earn more money for the family.

More importantly, the wife and daughter will live in a much better environment. Let not forget, they will have medical coverage.

Of cause all this hinged on alemoo can get his wife and daughter into US and safely arrive at a Canada order crossing.

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
I'm going to see if I can get off work early and drive to the border and talk to one of the agents and explain the whole situation and ask for advice on how to present the eta application