+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denied visitor visa applying for PR... SAFE? Help

abyx

Oct 31, 2012
My spouse was denied a visitors visa (no strong tie in Canada is what they said) and now we are applying for a PR. Initially i( a Canadian citizen) invited him as a family friend would that affect anything. Also in the process of applying for the PR they asked for a universal client identification or a client identification,would he have received one while applying for the visitor's visa,what does it look like? Thank you alot

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Were you married or common-law at the time you invited him as a "family friend"? If so, and they bother to look, it may look strange that you called him only a friend and then say in this PR application that you were actually married or in a serious relationship at the time (ie. you lied to try to get him a visitor visa). I'm not saying you did - I'm just saying they might see that as a small lie on your part in the past.

That's the only problem I can see. If you say "Oh we've been married for 5 years or been dating for 5 years" or something and then they see that last year you invited him and did not declare you were dating or married and only called him a friend, then you may be found out and have some issues there. Because on the PR applicaton, you do have to state if he's ever applied for a TRV and, if so, the details and why he was rejected.

If you were really just friends at the time or if you weren't married or common-law at the time, it might be completely fine.

I would declare on the PR app that he was rejected for TRV when he tried to visit you and I would not mention the "friend" detail.

Good luck

abyx

Oct 31, 2012
Thank you very much for an elaborate explianation. We were not married then but our relationship was heading towards a serious relationship. Also would there be a universal client id or client id given to him then if yes how does it look like

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
He should have a UCI/CI #, it is also called a FOSS #, it would be in the format of 8 numbers like XXXX-XXXX.
I really don't think the denial would have anything to do with your PR application now, of course do not try to hide it the application asks, list it it is not as bad as people make it sound, I had 3 red-flags on my passport and a voluntary removal order and am in the final stretch of the process with it only being about 6 1/2 months from start to finish. just out of curiosity... how long ago was the denial? are you married now?

abyx

Oct 31, 2012
:) io am very honorned by ur support creampo. He was denied earlier this month. No we are not married yet but are planing to do so in few weeks at a registry. Thank you very much

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
The only problem is you invited him as a friend only a few weeks ago and now you want to apply as if he is your life partner and convince CIC that you have had a long and true relationship when only weeks ago you referred to him as your "friend" in a TRV application. The rejection is not a problem at all especially if you stated he was coming to see you (it shows he really likes you to the IO). However, the problem is that they may say "Well your relationship can't be that serious if you were only "friends" when you applieda few weeks ago and now you're applying for PR as a spouse/life partner"... You know what I mean.

You should declare that he was rejected and that he was coming to visit you. You should NOT say that you were only friends at the time and hopefully they won't check into it in so much detail.

Good luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
MissDominica said:
You should declare that he was rejected and that he was coming to visit you. You should NOT say that you were only friends at the time and hopefully they won't check into it in so much detail.
Agree.
It most likely would not matter anyway, since I am sure the visa officers know that most of the friends inviting people to visit them in Canada are actually boyfriends/girlfriends. I've only seen one appeal case where the visa officer made an issue of it. To be safe, don't mention the 'friend' part, but it should be OK.
In my case, my husband applied for a TRV as my friend when we were dating, but in his CAIPS/FOSS notes they had a transcript of his interview, and he clearly referred to me as his girlfriend when talking with the visa officer. No mention has ever been made of this discrepancy, leading me to believe that the average visa officer doesn't really think it is a discrepancy.