+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delaying leaving to Canada when told to

newTraveller

Jun 8, 2016
Hello,

If the Canadian embassy call me to inform me that I will have to leave to Canada on a specific date, is it possible to ask for an extension? Does that badly effect my application or anything? If it is doable, how can I do it?

Thank you.

Regards,

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can you provide more information about your status? so people can help you with your inquiry.

newTraveller

Jun 8, 2016
Thank you for your response.

I have applied for a privately-sponsored refuge program, and I have done my interview in the embassy of the country where I live, and I was accepted.

Now, I'm in the state of doing my medical examination, and waiting for the background check to be finished.

My problem, however, is that I am trying to finish some things in the country, but I am afraid that the embassy would tell me to leave to Canada before I finish this work.

If that happened, is it possible to ask the embassy to extend my staying for a while (a few weeks, or a couple of months)? Or am I obliged to leave immediately when they tell me of the date?

Thank you

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so you are saying you are already in Canada? when did you arrive?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you already in Canada? Or you’re trying to delay the travel to Canada? It’s unclear to me. please explain

f76

May 18, 2016
Usually they will send you the passport request and will ask you to book and send them your flight details with your passport to stamp your visa

so once they send you the passport request, it is better to book a flight not later than 1 or 2 months