+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DELAYED LMIA REVIEW

Oct 12, 2024
Hello,

My employer sponsored my LMIA since June 2024, and it's being six months now with no news as to whether it has been approved or not. My study permit will expire next year March and I don't want to run out of status.

Do you advise I get a new program of study for Fall 2025 pending when I will have news about my LMIA? Which province do you advise I go to?

I had the intention of going to New Brunswick community college but with them halting their express entry stream for PNP, I am really confused as to what to do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Think they are processing February/March now. Ask under foreign workers. Do you have the $35k or so to get a permit? Are you showing career and education progression with higher pay and better job in home country?

Oct 12, 2024
Wow! February/March, what a backlog!

I don't have $35k for a permit. Going back home isn't an option for me right now.

My first program was in a private career college (a mistake I made). I'm doing the right thing in my second program by going to a public college

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

I don't have $35k for a permit. Going back home isn't an option for me right now.

My first program was in a private career college (a mistake I made). I'm doing the right thing in my second program by going to a public college
If going to a public college then meet new rules that have been announced and other ones that will be announced on November 1. You need to show funds for one year - $21k plus either pay tuition or show tuition in the bank. That is a requirement for a study permit.

Oct 12, 2024
This rules are tighter and stricter for new study permit applicants and not those extending.

Nonetheless, my course is on the list of in demand courses released days ago and I have available funds to cover my two year tuition already.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This rules are tighter and stricter for new study permit applicants and not those extending.

Nonetheless, my course is on the list of in demand courses released days ago and I have available funds to cover my two year tuition already.
Where did you read that rules are not tighter for those extending? Go through all the refusals on this forum for study permit extensions because they didn’t show POF. When you extend you will be asked to show POF. If you have funds to cover costs then no issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

When does your first program end?

Oct 12, 2024
Where did you read that rules are not tighter for those extending? Go through all the refusals on this forum for study permit extensions because they didn’t show POF. When you extend you will be asked to show POF. If you have funds to cover costs then no issue.
Can you have a positive disposition and stop projecting negativity on my posts and where did you see on my post that I have no funds for my two year tuition already sitting pretty in my account? Stopeeet!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can you have a positive disposition and stop projecting negativity on my posts and where did you see on my post that I have no funds for my two year tuition already sitting pretty in my account? Stopeeet!
WTH...where did I say that you had no funds. Where am I negative. All I said is that you need to show funds. Your post #3 said, you don’t have $35k.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Unless you’re having a stroke you posted this

“I don't have $35k for a permit. Going back home isn't an option for me right now “