+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in WES Evaluation

sunshine232

Aug 27, 2018
Hi All,

This is regarding my education evaluation for Canada, I have masters degree and the university mailed the transcripts to WES directly 2 months ago, bachelor's documents I sent to WES a month ago. WES status updates were as follow, "Received your documents", "Documents Accepted" and Finally I saw the status updated as "Reviewing your evaluation report" and mentioned that the completion date will be 24th. But on 23rd they changed the status to "On Hold" and mentioned they have sent second verification to both the universities and there won't be any progress until get the response from the universities.

Has anyone underwent to this situation?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi All,

This is regarding my education evaluation for Canada, I have masters degree and the university mailed the transcripts to WES directly 2 months ago, bachelor's documents I sent to WES a month ago. WES status updates were as follow, "Received your documents", "Documents Accepted" and Finally I saw the status updated as "Reviewing your evaluation report" and mentioned that the completion date will be 24th. But on 23rd they changed the status to "On Hold" and mentioned they have sent second verification to both the universities and there won't be any progress until get the response from the universities.

Has anyone underwent to this situation?
This will take 15-30 days now, your university will receive an email and mail to confirm WES about your Degrees. If you can, contact university in couple of days confirming this.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you for the response. how WES will change the status to "On Hold" the day before the completion date.
I am sorry, I did not get that.

sunshine232

Aug 27, 2018
WES have updated the status as follow in my application so far
Aug 28th - Documents Received
Aug 31st - Documents Accepted
September 4th - Reviewing evaluation report and completion date Sep 24th

I received below email on Sep 21st (Friday) and I surprised why they have to send verification on the day before of completion date instead on the first stage of the process.

"Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES). We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid.

Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to XXXXXXX University. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.
Response times vary and can take just a few days or can extend to weeks. If we do not receive a response from them within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do. This communication is strictly between WES and the institution."

Are they buying extra time to process the documents due to more number of applications?