+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Study Permit Extension

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hello all,

I applied for a study permit extension on 10th October 2019. At that time, the processing time was around 60 days. It's been 2 months already and now the processing time says 86 days.

I want to extend the permit because my passport is expiring in Jan 2020. So I renewed my passport first, and then applied for an extension. My course is till Dec 2020 (MBA).

I want to understand the timeline from all the people who applied in October. Have you guys got any update yet?

Also, If the decision doesn't come before my current permit expired (5th Jan 2020), how problematic is that?

I am not sure how fast they work during the Christmas time.

Reactions: Shakil1993

RajDs

Dec 5, 2019
Hello all,

I applied for a study permit extension on 10th October 2019. At that time, the processing time was around 60 days. It's been 2 months already and now the processing time says 86 days.

I want to extend the permit because my passport is expiring in Jan 2020. So I renewed my passport first, and then applied for an extension. My course is till Dec 2020 (MBA).

I want to understand the timeline from all the people who applied in October. Have you guys got any update yet?

Also, If the decision doesn't come before my current permit expired (5th Jan 2020), how problematic is that?

I am not sure how fast they work during the Christmas time.

I am on the same boat. I had applied for my study permit extension in October and I am still waiting. Now it would not be much of a problem at all if you get your decision made after January 5. That particular scenario would put you under implied status and you can continue studying while waiting for the decision to be made.

Would you be able to let us know whenever you get your approval? I will revert back as well once I hear anything back. I think we would hear back soon enough. People who had applied for their extensions during September have apparently been getting their approvals over the course of the last 2 weeks.

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi @RajDs

Yes, I get what you mean. I will definitely update this thread once I get a decision.

And I'll also be waiting for your revert as well.

All the best!

RajdeepD

May 13, 2017
Hey, any updates?

Still didn't receive anything
Nothing here either. I spoke to a couple of folks in another thread who had applied around the same time as you did. They had not heard anything back either as of Friday.

I just sent out a web form requesting for some sort of an update on my application since my waiting time has just gone beyond the stipulated 78 day time period for processing. Let me know if you hear anything back this week.

bnxpich

Jan 2, 2020
Hello all!

I am on the same boat. I applied for a study permit extension on Oct 6, but I havent received any update yet.