+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in receiving CoPR.

NNamrata

Aug 23, 2020
Hi. I received my ITA in November 2019 and sent my completed application by 18th December 2019.

I received few mails from CIC in January regarding some more documents which I sent immediately.

No communication till May.

May i receive a mail saying we are still working on your application.

Till now no communication from CIC. I have not received my CoPR yet! We asked for an update using web forms and emails, however always receive a generic answer.

Officially, last date for completion of our application was 18th June, so already 2 months have passed afterwards.

Anyone who is also facing similar situation where they have not received the CopR even after 8 months of applying?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I received my ITA in November 2019 and sent my completed application by 18th December 2019.

I received few mails from CIC in January regarding some more documents which I sent immediately.

Till now no communication from CIC. I have not received my CoPR yet! We asked for an update using web forms and emails, however always receive a generic answer.

Officially, last date for completion of our application was 18th June, so already 2 months have passed afterwards.

Anyone who is also facing similar situation where they have not received the CopR even after 8 months of applying?
Progress bar is just an estimate and based on processing during normal times. All applications have been delayed.

Miss Layo

Aug 21, 2020
Mine is 7 months. Submitted in January. Received a mail saying there are still working on it in June and that's been all. I am sure that COVID has a hand in the situation so let's not get excessively worried.

mithlesh kumar

Apr 10, 2019

hi - I am in same boat . can anyone help if gcms form would be helpful?

NNamrata

Aug 23, 2020
Progress bar is just an estimate and based on processing during normal times. All applications have been delayed.
Thanks for your response. Agree that progress bar is just indicative. However, since i saw few people who had applied during almost the same time as I did, got their CoPR recently. So just trying to understand if my situation falls within the majority or I am in the minority group!

NNamrata

Aug 23, 2020
hi - I am in same boat . can anyone help if gcms form would be helpful?
If you mean the form that is available on the CIC account, it is helpful only for reassurance. They just give you a generic response saying they are still working on your application and that IRCC is not working in full capacity due to Covid-19. But you can still send an enquiry if you want.

mithlesh kumar

Apr 10, 2019
Mine date of completion was 23 May . Still no progress- in June raised web form . It says - Eligibility met , medical passed , criminality passed - they are doing background check . Still have not heard anything - I am in India . Can I call IRCC from India and find out the status through phone . would it be appropriate to call from India ? will they answer or call has to be made with in Canada . Have they started issuing copr . I call my agent in Delhi . they mentioned from 15 march no one has been issued copr . Don,t know what is right . . Can someone throw some light on this

NNamrata

Aug 23, 2020
Mine date of completion was 23 May . Still no progress- in June raised web form . It says - Eligibility met , medical passed , criminality passed - they are doing background check . Still have not heard anything - I am in India . Can I call IRCC from India and find out the status through phone . would it be appropriate to call from India ? will they answer or call has to be made with in Canada . Have they started issuing copr . I call my agent in Delhi . they mentioned from 15 march no one has been issued copr . Don,t know what is right . . Can someone throw some light on this
Hi. Have you received any update? I heard some people have been recently issued CoPR. Can you call your agent to check?

NNamrata

Aug 23, 2020
Mine is 7 months. Submitted in January. Received a mail saying there are still working on it in June and that's been all. I am sure that COVID has a hand in the situation so let's not get excessively worried.
Hi.any updates on your application?

NNamrata

Aug 23, 2020
Hello. No, nothing yet. My GCMS notes show that I am all set to receive it PPR but nothing directly from the powers that be. What's your story?
I did not ask for the GCMS notes. Just used the CIC website web form which says my application is still processing and they will update once the final decision is made. It has been nine months now, after we received our AOR!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are huge backlogs due to covid and due to office closures in India passport stamping is not available. Expect processing to take longer than expected.