+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in processing of GIC APPLICATION

Nov 17, 2012
As per the new rules of SPP in Canada. i have applied for GIC in nova scotia bank. i submitted my documents (on 8 Nov,2012 )that are required by that bank for opening my account. And their is no mistake in my documents as i fulfill their all conditions .but they cause delay in processing my GIC Application and are not opening my account in NOVA Scotia bank. i m getting late for apply.

i have also sent query but they didn't send me any email containing my Investment Account Number.

please guide me that what i should do??

eagerly waiting for reply..

Raj Grewal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
jehre bank to money send karni aa call them and ask if they require any forms like 15CA and 15CB. pehlaan hi banvaala nayi ik working day waste jaao

Nov 17, 2012
dear thnks fr reply.. plz tell me what is 15CA and !5CB . i dnt know... main scotia bank nu money send krni a but hale tak ohna ne mainu account number hi ni issue kita yaar. they are wasting lots of time..

have u got account numbr dear..??? te eh v das do plzz k indian students nu canada di bank account no. issue kardi aa yaa ohna di branch jo india vich hai( in mumbai) oh issue krdi a??

where i should call??

RAB RAKHA......

Nov 17, 2012
if students dont get GIC from scotia bank.......then wht is the another option fr them???

is their any bank which give loan for living expenses(10,000 CAD$) ??

m worried :(

Raj Grewal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
i sent details on 1 november got account number on 15 november. went to bank on 15 but they said i need 15CA 15Cb forms which are only made by CA's. It is a declaration that money is yours. as i was sending money to my own investment account i.e. they asked for these forms. just call the bank from where you are going to make the transfer when account number comes and ask them whether they need these forms or not. it takes time to make them as CA will check your last year INCOME TAX returns. last day of deposit for january intake is 23 november. studentgic@scotiabank.com is their email. attach your original file if you email to this address.

Raj Grewal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
harman khangura said:
if students dont get GIC from scotia bank.......then wht is the another option fr them???

is their any bank which give loan for living expenses(10,000 CAD$) ??

m worried :(
only scotiabank and if you are not able to make a deposit on 23 make sure you get loan sanctioned and apply on 29-30

Nov 17, 2012
thnks alott dear.....!!

plz tell me one thing more.. that which original file u are saying dear? and tusi kis branch vich gaye c...?? in mumbai?

main bank nu studentgic@scotiabank.com uper query send kiti c...

they replied "we will follow up with u shortly" nd i also made call to them.. oh kehnde k tuhaanu acc number issue ho jave ga...!

dear ..does it mean that they will definitely opn my account..???

ur info is valuable fr me...

Raj Grewal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
form is available to download i filled it signed it attached documents made a file scanned it and sent to the bank via email. no need to go at any branch.
http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,5698,00.html