+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Oath after Test - Residency Questionnaire

fpatel123

Jun 28, 2013
My Case history husband and wife with 3 dependents:

1) Landed as PR in Canada in Mar-2000

2) Applied for Citizenship in Jun-2006 as a family (for husband, wife and 3 minor dependents). Was denied grant of Citizenship in Oct-2007 by the citizenship judge. Reason given was: Not satisfied with your proof of stay.

3) Reapplied for Citizenship in Nov-2008.

4) Received residence questionnaire in July, 2011 and RQ was submitted in Sep-2011

5) Received a test date for both of us on September-19, 2011 and completed the test.

6) Finally after appearing for the test on Sep-19, 2011, not heard anything so far.

7) I've been calling CIC many times and contacted the local MP as well but no oath date as of yet.

Any advice or direction in pursuing this further is appreciated.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
fpatel123 said:
My Case history husband and wife with 3 dependents:

1) Landed as PR in Canada in Mar-2000

2) Applied for Citizenship in Jun-2006 as a family (for husband, wife and 3 minor dependents). Was denied grant of Citizenship in Oct-2007 by the citizenship judge. Reason given was: Not satisfied with your proof of stay.

3) Reapplied for Citizenship in Nov-2008.

4) Received residence questionnaire in July, 2011 and RQ was submitted in Sep-2011

5) Received a test date for both of us on September-19, 2011 and completed the test.

6) Finally after appearing for the test on Sep-19, 2011, not heard anything so far.

7) I've been calling CIC many times and contacted the local MP as well but no oath date as of yet.

Any advice or direction in pursuing this further is appreciated.
Check with a lawyer about mandamus. Looks like CIC put you on a black list, which is discrimination...

mike

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fpatel123 said:
Have you been able to set up a face-to-face meeting with your MP?
Has your MP taken any action or facilitated any communication between you and the CIC?

fpatel123

Jun 28, 2013
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the advise.

Can you please recommend a good lawyer for this Mandamus appeal? Any idea how long does it take?

fpatel123

Jun 28, 2013
Hi eileenf,
Yes, I went to the local MP office several times. I was unable to have a face to face meeting so far. But his PA met me and has told me that we will contact CIC and let you know.
Any suggestions?

fpatel123

Jun 28, 2013
Hi moti,
The CIC agents say that it may take 24 months or sometimes say to wait and watch and sometimes 36 months. But no consistency in replies. Every call, its a different reply.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
fpatel123 said:
Hi moti,
The CIC agents say that it may take 24 months or sometimes say to wait and watch and sometimes 36 months. But no consistency in replies. Every call, its a different reply.
This is simply not true!
6 months max. is the time from test to judge decision. The judge decision could be
a) he's satisfied and grants citizenship -> oath at next possible date
b) he's not satisfied and either denies it in case it is obvious or sends request for more information (RQ) or invites you to an interview

Anyway you need to get a 'ping' after 6 months otherwise they put your file on ice. After 3 three years not getting a decision and no reason for delay you are entitled for mandamus. About a lawyer, well ask the canadavisa.com folks. I have not used one since I am here, so can't give a reco...
There was somebody in this board who mentioned it before and a couple more people all used the same lawyer, search the forum.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
instead of calling CIC call center did you tried sending a fax to the office where ur file had been transferred to??? Believe it or not it does get read and they do reply

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
flybest1 said:
so if I got A RQ and submitted the papers required I should hear from them within 6 months, correct?
If you got a RQ current time frame ~36 months up-to 48 months unfortunately. But you got a test date 2 months after you submitted RQ reply, if I read your first post correctly. It makes no sense to invite you to the test and then have you wait another 30 months until final decision. This would be very odd. Usually it takes no longer than 6 months from test to judge decision.

mike

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
mikeathome said:
If you got a RQ current time frame ~36 months up-to 48 months unfortunately. But you got a test date 2 months after you submitted RQ reply, if I read your first post correctly. It makes no sense to invite you to the test and then have you wait another 30 months until final decision. This would be very odd. Usually it takes no longer than 6 months from test to judge decision.

mike
Hi,

I had my exam for Canadian citizenship on November 22, 2012. I called them today and they told me I am on a waiting list and that I have to see a judge and that it might take a while. What can be the reason to see the judge? Could I have failed my exam? I went through university, my English is good, I studied for the test. Anyone knows how long it will take to see the judge? will I receive a letter to tell me if I passed or failed the exam now that I have to see a judge? Any ideas?
Many thanks,

The quote in red was by flybest1 in another forum....so clearly he given his test before any RQ....he was not notified about the status of his application at all.
So if he is just waiting to see a judge then its minimum 2 years
If he got RQ after the exam then its up to 48 months

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
mikeathome said:

mike
up to 48 months total or
from the date RQ docs were received by CIC ?