+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in getting study permit. Applied through canada visa office in Singapore

Sany201019

Oct 22, 2016
I applied for my study permit on 8th of June 2016 through VAC, Bangladesh. My application reached the Canada Visa office in Singapore on 14th of June 2016. It has been almost 19 weeks and I am still waiting on my visa. I submitted all the documents including passport, medical & police certificates... etc, along with the application, in the hope that it will fasten my application process but it hasn't.

On 16th of September I received this email from CiC, Saying
" Dear Applicant,
Your application is currently being reviewed for secondary clearances. Delays during secondary clearances are out of our control as we are required to coordinate with external authorities.
Our office will contact you as soon as the review is completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview is required. We hope this information will be of assistance..."

My session will start on January 2017 and I am very worried about my application now. I would like to know what secondary clearances mean. Also, would be happy to listen to anyone who has gone through this situation before.

Thanks.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
I also applied on the exact same day (June 8th 2016), but in VFS Dubai, and still waiting until now. What's worse is that I was supposed to go for Fall 2016 and I missed it. Now I differed it to January 2017 and I am still worried about the visa...

No idea what secondary clearance is, but it doesn't sound bad

Good luck

Sany201019

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
I also applied on the exact same day (June 8th 2016), but in VFS Dubai, and still waiting until now. What's worse is that I was supposed to go for Fall 2016 and I missed it. Now I differed it to January 2017 and I am still worried about the visa...

No idea what secondary clearance is, but it doesn't sound bad

Good luck
Has they emailed you with regards to your application?

Ahmed1995

Oct 15, 2016
I applied from Bangladesh too. My classes begin in January and I applied earlier this month but knowing that the Singapore office may take so long is worrying, omg. Which university are you going to?

Sany201019

Oct 22, 2016
Ahmed1995 said:
I applied from Bangladesh too. My classes begin in January and I applied earlier this month but knowing that the Singapore office may take so long is worrying, omg. Which university are you going to?
I have got the offer to enrol in university of Toronto. Their services are very slow and not quite at the standard that one would hope for. Given my file is very strong I never expected such delay. I m still hoping that I would get my visa but incase it doesn't happen that might need to try somewhere else

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
Sany201019 said:
Has they emailed you with regards to your application?
Not really, I got 3 responses for case specific inquiries I made, and all of them are identical and just saying that they are conducting background checks.
And a fake email on October 14th from CIC saying my application was updated (nothing really was updated though).

That's all

Sany201019

Oct 22, 2016
Omar.hr said:
Not really, I got 3 responses for case specific inquiries I made, and all of them are identical and just saying that they are conducting background checks.
And a fake email on October 14th from CIC saying my application was updated (nothing really was updated though).

That's all
Omar have you got any update on your application ? I am still waiting to get an answer

Thanks

Saikat1313

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct 2016
File Transfer...
17th Oct 2016
Med's Request
1st Nov 2016
Med's Done....
3th Nov 2016
Passport Req..
13th Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22 Dec 2016
Well I think this is a good sign. secondary check means that they are currently checking your background with a third party team in Bangladesh. They will mainly check if the documents you have provided are genuine and do you really have any criminal record or any kind of ties with any terror organizations. Well I could be wrong but as far as I know this could be the case.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks

Sany201019

Oct 22, 2016
Saikat1313 said:
Well I think this is a good sign. secondary check means that they are currently checking your background with a third party team in Bangladesh. They will mainly check if the documents you have provided are genuine and do you really have any criminal record or any kind of ties with any terror organizations. Well I could be wrong but as far as I know this could be the case.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks
Thanks man ! I have been thinking that too.. But it's taking a long time ! Like its gonna be 5 months at the end of this week

AHJarif

Dec 4, 2016
Hey,did you get your visa yet? I'm stuck in the same dilemma and it's December now so the situation is moving from worrisome to troublesome.I submitted my app on June 15 and applying to University of Manitoba. :'(

Saikat1313

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct 2016
File Transfer...
17th Oct 2016
Med's Request
1st Nov 2016
Med's Done....
3th Nov 2016
Passport Req..
13th Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22 Dec 2016
Sany201019 said:
I applied for my study permit on 8th of June 2016 through VAC, Bangladesh. My application reached the Canada Visa office in Singapore on 14th of June 2016. It has been almost 19 weeks and I am still waiting on my visa. I submitted all the documents including passport, medical & police certificates... etc, along with the application, in the hope that it will fasten my application process but it hasn't.

On 16th of September I received this email from CiC, Saying
" Dear Applicant,
Your application is currently being reviewed for secondary clearances. Delays during secondary clearances are out of our control as we are required to coordinate with external authorities.
Our office will contact you as soon as the review is completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview is required. We hope this information will be of assistance..."

My session will start on January 2017 and I am very worried about my application now. I would like to know what secondary clearances mean. Also, would be happy to listen to anyone who has gone through this situation before.

Thanks.
Sany.. I think they started checking your application 3 months before your session. Currently im also waiting for 8 weeks. I think our last chance for catching Jan Intake is if they give us visa before 20th dec.. May Allah Help us both In Sha Allah. :-\

Sany201019

Oct 22, 2016
Hi brothers,

No I am still waiting to hear something back from them. Its really frustrating to wait that long. I have the offer to do Masters at university of Melbroune, and I need to reply them with an advanced payment withing 13th dec to keep my offer. So I am in very tough situation at the moment. I wish I never had to go through this dilemma anytime in my life.

Anyway, share your views as well in here. Have you guys tried to contact them ? What did they reply? and when did u emailed them ? I was thinking about sending a fax into their office.

Thanks.

Saikat1313

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct 2016
File Transfer...
17th Oct 2016
Med's Request
1st Nov 2016
Med's Done....
3th Nov 2016
Passport Req..
13th Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22 Dec 2016
Sany201019 said:
Hi brothers,

No I am still waiting to hear something back from them. Its really frustrating to wait that long. I have the offer to do Masters at university of Melbroune, and I need to reply them with an advanced payment withing 13th dec to keep my offer. So I am in very tough situation at the moment. I wish I never had to go through this dilemma anytime in my life.

Anyway, share your views as well in here. Have you guys tried to contact them ? What did they reply? and when did u emailed them ? I was thinking about sending a fax into their office.

Thanks.
Looks like a lot of Bangladeshi students are on the same boat including me. I don't understand why they have put us in a hanging position for so long. Word of a warning brother. You have applied for Canada and they share your information with Aus, USA, NZ and some other countries. If u apply for 2 countries at a same time, both of your applications could get rejected.

zeshan.huq

Apr 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Dhaka
App. Filed.......
23-03-2017
Doc's Request.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
23-03-2017
Med's Request
24-04-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-0602017
Sany201019 said:
Hi brothers,

Thanks.
Have you gotten your visa yet? I applied on Feb 2017 from Dhaka for Fall 2017 session and still no news from them.

Niloyahmed33

Jun 2, 2023
Hi, guys, all of you got your visas I am facing a similar issue waiting for a year since no response could you please tell me what are the secondary clearances my work permit application got stuck with the process.