+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in applying for PR application

kumar@1988

Jun 22, 2018
Hi All,

I am on visit visa (multiple entries). My spouse is a Canadian.
I came to Canada in April 2018. When about to submit the application, we realised that JUNE update came for Document Checklist – Spouse (including dependent children of spouse) [IMM 5533] (PDF, 1.82 MB)Updated – June 2018

That update asking for police clearance so we went to BLS and applied for that they said it will take 10days to issue it.
I also paid the fee for permanent residence application.

Based upon my current scenario, I got following questions :

1) If police clearance got delayed, can I apply for visit visa extension? How much percent there is a possibility for an extension?
2) For how many days paid fee will be valid?
3)For example, if I submit my application along with the police clearance and it comes return for any reason, Can I stay in Canada with the payment receipt?
4)What you suggest. you want me to wait for police clearance certificate or can I submit the application with an old checklist?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I came to Canada in April 2018. When about to submit the application, we realised that JUNE update came for Document Checklist – Spouse (including dependent children of spouse) [IMM 5533] (PDF, 1.82 MB)Updated – June 2018

That update asking for police clearance so we went to BLS and applied for that they said it will take 10days to issue it.
I also paid the fee for permanent residence application.

Based upon my current scenario, I got following questions :

1) If police clearance got delayed, can I apply for visit visa extension? How much percent there is a possibility for an extension?
2) For how many days paid fee will be valid?
3)For example, if I submit my application along with the police clearance and it comes return for any reason, Can I stay in Canada with the payment receipt?
4)What you suggest. you want me to wait for police clearance certificate or can I submit the application with an old checklist?
Hi

1. You have valid status until October, so I'm not sure why you are asking about an extension at this point.

2. Indefinitely.

3. I don't understand what you are asking. The receipt has nothing to do with you staying in Canada.

4. You need to follow the current checklist. Expect your app to be returned if you use the old one.

kumar@1988

Jun 22, 2018
Hi

1. You have valid status until October, so I'm not sure why you are asking about an extension at this point.

2. Indefinitely.

3. I don't understand what you are asking. The receipt has nothing to do with you staying in Canada.

4. You need to follow the current checklist. Expect your app to be returned if you use the old one.
I'm asking about an extension at this point because just to be prepared if I don't receive the file number by October as it depends on receiving the Police Clearance Certificate.
1) Do you have any idea how to extend the stay beyond 6 months?
2) Shall I apply for an extension online or re-enter Canada by crossing the border?
3) I don't US visit visa. Can I just cross the border through the rainbow bridge and re-enter?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm asking about an extension at this point because just to be prepared if I don't receive the file number by October as it depends on receiving the Police Clearance Certificate.
1) Do you have any idea how to extend the stay beyond 6 months?
2) Shall I apply for an extension online or re-enter Canada by crossing the border?
3) I don't US visit visa. Can I just cross the border through the rainbow bridge and re-enter?
Still don't understand. File number has nothing to do with status. Are you applying inland with an OWP?

Google "Canada extend visitor status".

kumar@1988

Jun 22, 2018
Still don't understand. File number has nothing to do with status. Are you applying inland with an OWP?

Google "Canada extend visitor status".
Yes, I'm applying inland with OWP.
I heard that if I get the file number then there's no need for an extension of the visitor status.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, I'm applying inland with OWP.
I heard that if I get the file number then there's no need for an extension of the visitor status.
File number has nothing to do with it.

If your app is returned, it will likely be before your current status expires in October. If that happens, you can apply to extend your visitor status. If your app is not returned and you still haven't received your OWP a few days before your current status expires, you can apply for the visitor extension just in case; once you receive your OWP, you can withdraw the visitor extension app.

Reactions: kumar@1988

kumar@1988

Jun 22, 2018

If your app is returned, it will likely be before your current status expires in October. If that happens, you can apply to extend your visitor status. If your app is not returned and you still haven't received your OWP a few days before your current status expires, you can apply for the visitor extension just in case; once you receive your OWP, you can withdraw the visitor extension app.

I am clear now.
Thank you

kumar@1988

Jun 22, 2018

what is the processing time for the open work permit ?