+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Degree certificate from India for citizenship language proof

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I am planning to apply for citizenship for my wife. She came in spousal sponsorship and has no IELTS exam. She has completed her B.Tech degree from India in English language. She has also done a complete ICAS assessment for the same. I have seen multiple opinions on this forum whether that degree certificate with transcripts is an acceptable proof. She does not have a letter stating that the degree was in English.

I know many people have submitted degree certificate, but no one has posted whether it was accepted. Has anyone here got experience in submitting degree from India and successfully completing the application ?

I know many of you are going to say this is not acceptable. But I have seen many have submitted this. I am asking if anyone's case was accepted or rejected.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am planning to apply for citizenship for my wife. She came in spousal sponsorship and has no IELTS exam. She has completed her B.Tech degree from India in English language. She has also done a complete ICAS assessment for the same. I have seen multiple opinions on this forum whether that degree certificate with transcripts is an acceptable proof. She does not have a letter stating that the degree was in English.

I know many people have submitted degree certificate, but no one has posted whether it was accepted. Has anyone here got experience in submitting degree from India and successfully completing the application ?

I know many of you are going to say this is not acceptable. But I have seen many have submitted this. I am asking if anyone's case was accepted or rejected.
People usually ask this question during submission but do not share the experience, as the language activity is validated late in the processing cycle. Hope you find someone who went through it.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Yes I am hoping to find someone who has the real experience. In any case if I am submitting this application with degree certificate only, I intend to come back and post what happened.

DRAJPUT

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Yes I am hoping to find someone who has the real experience. In any case if I am submitting this application with degree certificate only, I intend to come back and post what happened.
Hi, did you found the answer to you question.
I am in same situation.
Please let me know what you did.