+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declined PGWP, but no update on website

vanessa920124

Feb 18, 2016
I graduate last june from a master degree and applied on june, there has been no update on the cic website until now so i decided to call cic today

they said they refused my application on september but not not sent yet. I was freaked out and dont know what to do.

they said i can restore my status so i did with an agent immediately.

my friend suggest me to call cic so i called again and a very sweet lady said that since the refusal is not sent yet and the website is not updated yet they can put a notice on my file for reconsideration. she then sent me a link to the case inquiry and I was able to reupload my certification of graduation.

i shortly called cic again and a not so sweet and impatient lady said she saw the notice on my file today and no refusal letter sent yet.

However i heard the reconsideration is not very reliable. but i still tried. Anyone was reconsidered before it would be great if you can share your result with me. did you got approved? or it just doesnt work?

Thank you so much you guys! I have interviews coming next week and really dont know what to do now...

Please help.....

king1990

Feb 22, 2016
Hey,
I also having similar situation. I am still waiting for the reply.
They refused my first application in the first week of August. The reply came with the letter on the same day right before my temporary residence visa expired which was 15th of September. To get that printed letter, I had to contact a lawyer (which was useless) and Member of Parliament (effective solution). Even after contacting a Member of parliament, they refused contacting or giving me the details. After several calls they forwarded me the letter early morning of my last date of Temporary residence visa. They clearly mentioned my refusal reason and apply within 90 days from the date of refusal. So, I applied and it is in process at the moment.
Everybody has different issues and I am still looking for the student who went through similar cases like me. It's not your fault at all and till you get the reply, you have to hang on to the situation. Good luck Vanessa920124.

vanessa920124

Feb 18, 2016
Hi all,
I am here for an update on my previous reconsideration of PGWP.

I'm happy to say that after I submitted additional files, I just got an email for PGWP approval letter on April 1st, the status of the application is closed now and I'm waiting for the physical work permit right now.

What I submitted for additional documents is actually a letter of explanation written by my immigration and refugee lawyer, it did not mention that it was mistake by my side, instead I showed that I already got my pnp/oinp certificate, graduation certification, and am having interviews with several big banks as an analyst and waiting for the job offer.

I have been lost and depressed for a long time because of the work permit issue, but I did not give up, now I am working at my current position for 1 month and no longer need to worry about quitting my job.

One thing I need to mention is that, not all people that got reconsideration can get approved at the end of the day, actually the chance is pretty low especially when CIC found it is not their fault and actually your fault(therefore try not to mention that it your fault in letter of explanation). Just in case it wont get approved, better apply for restoration just to be safe.

Thanks everyone that messaged me and supported/helped me during this time. And if there is anything I can help, please feel free to shoot me a message.

Good luck everyone. :)

May 2, 2011
Can you please tell how did you apply for reconsideration? If you do not mind can you share portion of your letter of explanation? hide any personal detail. I just want to know the format and wording. I would really appreciate your help.

Regards,