+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made - what now

screen24

Nov 16, 2015
Hi there

I wish I'd found this forum earlier in my journey, I have a question - I hope somebody can pass on some advice,
my wife who is Canadian (I'm British) is sponsoring me for PR (my wife was approved as a sponsor in August 2014) according to the CIC site they received our application in June 2014 and started Processing it in September 2014, I've been Canada since August 2014 I've been back to the UK a couple of times since, our Lawyer has had 2 emails from CIC in the whole time, One to request new medicals and the other was to confirm our Canadian address (both in August of this year) I was issued a visitor record in September of this year (1 year) upon re entering from the States, our online status went from Application received to In Process in late August of this year, and then it changed to Decision made on 31st of October, we had no contact from CIC until today, our lawyer sent an email (last week) inquiring about the DM status, their email says the following ''we will shortly be sending out relevant documents to the address in Canada''

my question is what documents? will they require anything else? an interview? Plus I thought all correspondence was to be sent to my lawyer? my lawyer is frankly useless and never responds to any email I send him, I wish I'd found this site before hiring him!

thanks in advance for any help I receive

benitaagogo

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015, CIC received 03-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-16-2015, SA 04-30-2015
File Transfer...
05-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived, IP on Oct.9, DM on Nov.12
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
12-06-2015
screen24 said:
I should add our application is in the London office
Since you're from a visa-exempt country, I think they will send COPR directly to your address in Canada :)

screen24

Nov 16, 2015
I was expecting more letters and contact from CIC - if they were going to refuse or reject an application I would hope they would contact me first? wouldn't they?

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screen24 said:
I was expecting more letters and contact from CIC - if they were going to refuse or reject an application I would hope they would contact me first? wouldn't they?
They will never reject an application without asking for more documents or an interview. If they didn't ask for anything extra, it's a good sign. You were likely approved and you'll get your COPR soon!