+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made on Sponsorship Application of Husband in Morocco

Kim Hanouf

Jun 24, 2009
Calgary Alberta
WOW, my application to sponsor my husband in Morocco was processed and a decsion was made on the same day. Just 30 days after receiving it. I was happy but now worried it was too quick? There's no, I am a born Canadian and have only ever lived in Canada and he is born Moroccan only ever lived in Morocco. We are living seperate because there is no other way, I went over there and we were married and of course had to return home. WE have had a ongoing relationship for over two years but unable to live together due to the laws of his country and canada. The only thing I worry about is we haven't been able to live together but we haven't been able to due to this whole visa process so thats why I am sponsoring him :)

SHould I be worried about anything?

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
So you are only approved to sponsor him but not for his PR.
What I'm trying to say they hadn't transfer his file to the Visa Office abroad. Right!!!
usually 2nd stage is the hardest.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Decision Made

Well I could be wrong, but it sounds like you just got sponsorship approval (i.e. you were approved as his sponsor) which is only the first step in the process. That part happens in Canada and it typically takes one month for sponsorship to be approved. Now they will send the application to Rabat where they will process his part of the application (i.e. his permanent residence application). Processing time in Rabat is 8 to 10 months currently.

Sorry: I posted my message before you posted the more recent information. So yes, this is only the first step. Next they will send the file to Rabat.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Either the applicant receives an AOR or when Rabat receive the application they will update e-cas to be read PR IN PROCESS....

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
If you included a lot of proof like emails, msn chat, pictures, boarding passes for your visit, letters, phone bills anything to show your relationship is genuine as well if your application is well organized, you should be OK. Only the waiting time is the most difficult part...
Good luck!!!!

Kim Hanouf

Jun 24, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Thats for your support and replies. Its nice to know I am not alone.

Oh yes I sent a whole binder with dividers and very organized with all of what you said. Emails, phonebills, copies of flight, boarding passes, pictures, you name it they have it!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
In my opinion you shouldn't worry. You need to have a lot of patience because from my experience the time it was the most difficult one. I shouldn't complaint because I think my husband is very lucky to have a quick decision. Depends all on each Visa office abroad on how many IO working there.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
KIm, there is another thread of many, many people who are sponsoring from Morocco - you should connect as you will find many with actual experience from that particular visa office.

Here is the link to that thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-husband-from-morocco-t4646.0.html

all of the best to you in the process :)/

salam
rasha

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patience is the KEY in this morocan game so have lots and lots of faith in allah

and for those canadian women marrying moroccan muslim men......try converting to islam pls