thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
CEC_SK said:
No update
Will try to call CIC again to try my luck
Planning to apply notes in this week as it is almost 10 days now
Hi CEC_SK,
How is it going brother? Any update for you ? I don't have any update yet.

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
thankyou said:
I just called cic and the agent was not helpful at all. He was only telling me you will have to wait. I was thinking by mistake may be I called to a president of a country. I can tell you that agent is an immigrant in this country too. Because , he speaks English barely and telling me to wait. What an experience I just had !!
Apparently you don't have much experience dealing with CIC. What you should have done is to KEEP CALLING THEM. One agent might not be helpful at all but the next one may well be. I have dealt with CIC call centre agents since back in 2007 and called them at least five times to five different agents each time just to make sure I get a satisfying answer.

Just tell them - decision made is indicated online but I would really like to learn what the 'decision' is - positive or negative.

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
I called CIC today, first agent told me in call center level, they don't have access to file since May 25th and he couldn't tell me about my file. Then I called again and got another agent , he told me decision made status doesn't mean the process is completed and he told me you it may take several weeks / months and you will see a new notification on ECAS. Then I ended call and called again, unfortunately I got the second agent and didn't talk to him and hung up the phone.
I need some advice from the senior/ experienced members. Decision made showing on ECAS since 2 weeks but didn't hear anything from CIC. What does it mean? Please help me. Thank you.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thankyou said:
I called CIC today, first agent told me in call center level, they don't have access to file since May 25th and he couldn't tell me about my file. Then I called again and got another agent , he told me decision made status doesn't mean the process is completed and he told me you it may take several weeks / months and you will see a new notification on ECAS. Then I ended call and called again, unfortunately I got the second agent and didn't talk to him and hung up the phone.
I need some advice from the senior/ experienced members. Decision made showing on ECAS since 2 weeks but didn't hear anything from CIC. What does it mean? Please help me. Thank you.
TBH....you just have to wait like everyone else. There is nothing you can do. The call centre agent is slightly mixed up. Decision made means that your PR application is finalized, however, your PR process ( which includes COPR printing and landing) still remains.

You can call again and ask them what the decision is....they will tell you ( just like they told me and others). Dont ask them about process completion etc. Once they say that decision is positive - then ask them how long do they "think" it will take for PPR.

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
thankyou said:
The reason I asked you to do as I suggested is because weeks ago, I called them with the same question, and the very first agent was nice enough to help me out. She asked for all my info for verification, and digged into my file to see what was going on and told me that the result is likely positive as everything looks good, and that I would get a PPR soon.

Believe me, the call centre agents do have access to your application information to a certain extent (perhaps they can access your GCMS notes real-time). There is a computer sitting right in front of each agent for him to look up your profile. Whether they are willing to spend the time to look into it or not, however, is totally up to personal discretion.

You just got unlucky today. What you could do is to call back in few hours after you made the first calls so you will likely not reach the same agent over and over again.

Another hint I can offer you - generally the female agents are nicer. Ask them nicely, using a lot of "please" and "thank you" helps.

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
vermanaman said:
TBH....you just have to wait like everyone else. There is nothing you can do. The call centre agent is slightly mixed up. Decision made means that your PR application is finalized, however, your PR process ( which includes COPR printing and landing) still remains.

You can call again and ask them what the decision is....they will tell you ( just like they told me and others). Dont ask them about process completion etc. Once they say that decision is positive - then ask them how long do they "think" it will take for PPR.
Thanks for your advice. I will see this week. Only Friday left for this week and I am working from 9am and won't get time. I will call them again on Monday. Thnks again.

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
hahamylove said:
The reason I asked you to do as I suggested is because weeks ago, I called them with the same question, and the very first agent was nice enough to help me out. She asked for all my info for verification, and digged into my file to see what was going on and told me that the result is likely positive as everything looks good, and that I would get a PPR soon.

Believe me, the call centre agents do have access to your application information to a certain extent (perhaps they can access your GCMS notes real-time). There is a computer sitting right in front of each agent for him to look up your profile. Whether they are willing to spend the time to look into it or not, however, is totally up to personal discretion.

You just got unlucky today. What you could do is to call back in few hours after you made the first calls so you will likely not reach the same agent over and over again.

Another hint I can offer you - generally the female agents are nicer. Ask them nicely, using a lot of "please" and "thank you" helps.
Hi brother,
Thanks for your post again. I called 3 times today and all I got 2 not helpful guys.I will see this week and tomorrow is Friday and I am working from morning and won't get time. I will call them again Monday. I have a question to you , you had same "decision made" on Ecas and how long you had to wait to get PPR after "decision made" status? Or if you didn't receive yet , how long you are waiting for PPR? If you please let me know that will help me to reduce some panic. Thanks again.

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
I called CIC today and the agent was very nice and helpful. I told her I would like to know about the "decision made" status on my file. She said , Sometimes we have those access, sometimes not but if I can see , I will tell you. Then she verified my information and put me on hold around 1-2 minutes and came back on the phone and said " I have a good news for you your application is approved". I asked her how long it may take to receive PPR email ? She answered, she cannot tell exactly but she said-- usually couple weeks , sometimes upto a month. Hope all you will get good news soon!! Thanks again hahamylove, vermanaman - who insist me to call CIC.

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
thankyou said:
I called CIC today and the agent was very nice and helpful. I told her I would like to know about the "decision made" status on my file. She said , Sometimes we have those access, sometimes not but if I can see , I will tell you. Then she verified my information and put me on hold around 1-2 minutes and came back on the phone and said " I have a good news for you your application is approved". I asked her how long it may take to receive PPR email ? She answered, she cannot tell exactly but she said-- usually couple weeks , sometimes upto a month. Hope all you will get good news soon!! Thanks again hahamylove, vermanaman - who insist me to call CIC.
Told you. Some of us here are more experienced than those so-called immigration lawyers.

dachiandwill

Oct 20, 2014
thankyou said:
congratulation !!!
did you call the call centre # ? if not can you PM the number ?
Please advice

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
hahamylove said:
Told you. Some of us here are more experienced than those so-called immigration lawyers.
That's for sure. They don't know what email address they have to use to send the money receipt. I don't know it was on purpose or what !! My papers are very clean and I shouldn't take lawyer. That was a mistake !! Thanks again brother!

CEC_SK

Oct 7, 2012
thankyou said:
That's for sure. They don't know what email address they have to use to send the money receipt. I don't know it was on purpose or what !! My papers are very clean and I shouldn't take lawyer. That was a mistake !! Thanks again brother!
Good to hear that
I tried today but no luck ..I was told that the rule has changed and we cannot access the file to give the information or more details
It is very common that email is not received after decision made and I have to wait for the communication

Let me wait or try again