Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Hello everyone, my journey is completed here.

Applied for the passport yesterday (express service with $50 fees - Calgary downtown center) picking up on Tuesday.

Thank you for answering my questions, Congratulations to all and good luck to those who are still awaiting and end!

beyonder

Jun 13, 2024
Quick question guys, I don't have last name on my original passport and everything goes in the given name. What should I write for citizenship certificate as the first and last name?
greatly appreciate any help.

t-34

Jun 2, 2021
I'm 2 and a half months after the last update in the portal. However the last real update in the application was in January, when I did the test. This is according to ATIP notes.
I just got my ATIP file and my primary office is Vancouver and the secondary one is Sydney. The Reason your application got stuck is that because it was assigned to IRCC Sydney, which is a very incompetent office. Please see below:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ircc-immigration-officer-container-placeholder-code-inactive-list-1.6669571

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-rc-8090.740785/

Whoever has the RC8090 code in their ATIP request, please send an email to the minister at Marc.Miller@parl.gc.ca and the head of opposition party at pierre.poilievre@parl.gc.ca

The only reason we will get our citizenship later is the bad management at Sydney IRCC Office. It is mere arbitrariness of IRCC to grant citizenship for the people who applied after us. There is an upcoming election and please make it clear that if this issue is not fixed, no vote for the Liberals and also tell the Minister that, you will also tell all your friends to vote for the Conservative Party if this issue with Sydney Office is not resolved. Don't listen to people who say just be patient as our case has nothing to do with patience. The Sydney office is nothing but an example of bad management. If we do not speak out today, we might wait for years to get the citizenship.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Quick question guys, I don't have last name on my original passport and everything goes in the given name. What should I write for citizenship certificate as the first and last name?
greatly appreciate any help.
They will write the same thing.

Happened to me too, but mine was on Last Name field.

They will just leave your last name <blank>

skharsha

Dec 21, 2019
After two months, on June 15th got an ghost update. The previous update was on April 12th ( Except 'Ceremony invite' all stages were in Completed status as of April 12th). And also today received a Survey link for Ceremony either to go Virtual or in person, for both the my self and my spouse. However didn't received Ceremony invitation yet. Requested for GCMS notes on May 23rd, no update on GCMS as well.

Application18

Nov 19, 2018
After two months, on June 15th got an ghost update. The previous update was on April 12th ( Except 'Ceremony invite' all stages were in Completed status as of April 12th). And also today received a Survey link for Ceremony either to go Virtual or in person, for both the my self and my spouse. However didn't received Ceremony invitation yet. Requested for GCMS notes on May 23rd, no update on GCMS as well.
my oath ceremony still says not started. did that change for you?

billsnjays416

Star Member
Apr 12, 2024
I have some update today. LPP got completed. thank fully!
Would anyone know when will Oath ceremony start or when can i expect that?
timeline is in my signature.
varies anywhere from a few days to 2-3 weeks typical, i.e. approx a month from everything completed/decision made... the unlucky can wait months. also very much depends on your office/location

billsnjays416

Star Member
Apr 12, 2024
i believe my office is mississauga. not sure if you'd have an idea on how they are.
MIS has the most numerous and frequent oaths of all offices, but it's also the largest. from what I've seen over the last few months, we should ideally get scheduled for oath this week (next week latest) for about 2 weeks out. Oath date at the earliest first week of July, or the week after at the latest end of July. this is just a guesstimate and with numerous sessions on Canada Day, maybe soon.

Reactions: Application18