Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Hi everyone, first message on the forum.
My AOR is 17dec, finally received simultaneously the MEP and biometrics letter on 29 Jan . Went for Biometrics on 30 Jan and the biometrics ID and expiry date is updated but my status still shows « action required you have to give biometrics ». Also today I received an email from the Canada Visa Application Center directing me to the VFSwebsite with a tracking number which then tells me « visa application xxxxis under process at Canada visa offfice Abu Dhabi ». Anyone has a similar experience? I am wondering if it is linked to my whole EE application or just the biometrics.
Also my spouse (dependent) has stopped working, any thoughts on whether I should send a web form related to this or not necessary as it concerns the dependent. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

rody0988

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Even I got an update on the timeline to 4 months:). However rest of the status looks the same.:(
Sorry, I don't know how to do Haikus haha

I noticed that people that were in IP1 had the BG as “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”, however, mine is “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“ So, am I in IP1 or IP2???

Also, my processing time reduced from 5 to 4 months now! =)

Thank you for your positive thoughts @USProgrammer !

Reactions: ladyday

Nimesh91

Jan 25, 2019
I have a question. When I applied for my EE profile before ITA, I mistakenly added my management role from Sep 2016 to present. However, in my PR profile I corrected it to Sep 2017 to present. It didn't change my score. I explained it in my LOE and I got supporting letters from work and also payslips. That should not be a reason for rejection, right?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi all, can you please add a signature to your profile so we don't have to ask you the basic questions over and over (like AOR, type of applicant, MEP, current status, etc.)? That would be much appreciated by all.

My estimated remaining time has also gone down to '4 months', and since so many of us have seen it change to either '4 months' or '18 weeks', it can only mean that this is a standard update based on what IRCC now considers it will take them to process the application. I don't think it changes anything materially and is not really a tightening of the original 6 months.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
What kind of applicant are you? CEC? Inland? It could be that a different processing time applies to candidates like you.

We are more used to the status returning to 'not applicable' after IP1 (NA2) or after IP2 (NA3), but what you're describing sounds uncommon. Read more here.

Hey guys, here’s my timeline:

AOR: Dec 6
MEP: 17th Jan
Biometrics done: 17th Jan
Status changed to IP2 on 17th Jan
Went back to IP1 on 31st Jan.

Any idea why would it go back to IP1?

Reactions: mumbaikar88

Hanonymous

Jan 25, 2019
What kind of applicant are you? CEC? Inland? It could be that a different processing time applies to candidates like you.

We are more used to the status returning to 'not applicable' after IP1 (NA2) or after IP2 (NA3), but what you're describing sounds uncommon. Read more here.
Im a FSW Outland applicant. Yes it is quite uncommon so just trying to get my head around it. Not sure why it would go back to IP1

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
It could be that they started with your background check and then took a really long lunch? Maybe the officer's screen timed out?

Im a FSW Outland applicant. Yes it is quite uncommon so just trying to get my head around it. Not sure why it would go back to IP1

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Hi all, can you please add a signature to your profile so we don't have to ask you the basic questions over and over (like AOR, type of applicant, MEP, current status, etc.)? That would be much appreciated by all.

My estimated remaining time has also gone down to '4 months', and since so many of us have seen it change to either '4 months' or '18 weeks', it can only mean that this is a standard update based on what IRCC now considers it will take them to process the application. I don't think it changes anything materially and is not really a tightening of the original 6 months.
My apologies i had added MyImmiTracker in my signature but somehow it failed to appear. Trying creating the signature myself now, let's see if it works.