December 2014 citizenship applicants!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puda said:
PurpleLilly > Done

Passed the test this morning. Questions were really not easy and you can't compare it with your mate because he/she won't get the same ones. So don't forget to review the book and practice. Although the questions I got online were not exactly the same than the real test. Real test was way more difficult than online test for me. BUT you can also get an easy test. Really depends.

Should get my oath between 1 and 3 months so I will wait until the very end of December.
Congratulations on your test my friend!

Cheers,

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test today at Scarborough centre. Before, the test, they told us the oath will take 2 to 4 months. My officer at my interview told me, I will receive it in 2 to 3 months. :)

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
puda said:
PurpleLilly > Done

Passed the test this morning. Questions were really not easy and you can't compare it with your mate because he/she won't get the same ones. So don't forget to review the book and practice. Although the questions I got online were not exactly the same than the real test. Real test was way more difficult than online test for me. BUT you can also get an easy test. Really depends.

Should get my oath between 1 and 3 months so I will wait until the very end of December.
Congrats Puda on being done with the test. Now mine is on 22nd. Then the waiting period for the oath begins...

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
shaazdeh said:
I had my test today at Scarborough centre. Before, the test, they told us the oath will take 2 to 4 months. My officer at my interview told me, I will receive it in 2 to 3 months. :)
Congrats to you Shaazdeh. all the best for the oath.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
shaazdeh said:
Hi Shaazdeh, How is the parking space at the Scarborough Centre? I have my test on 22nd. have to travel from Mississauga and thinking of reaching about half an hour early.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
Hi Shaazdeh, How is the parking space at the Scarborough Centre? I have my test on 22nd. have to travel from Mississauga and thinking of reaching about half an hour early.
Plan an hour early. 401 is unpredictable in the morning.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
I took TTC so I cannot answer your question regarding the parking space. But I can tell you, based on google map, My travel time supposed to be 45 minutes from Midtown to Test center by bus. It took me 1 hour 10 minutes mostly because of rush hour! My test was at 9 AM and I left home at 7:20 !

My advice to you is to leave as early as you can. Plan to be there at least 30 minutes in advance for sure, they send us to the test room 15 minutes prior to test. and for travel time whatever time the Google is giving you add 45 minutes if your test is during rush hour time !!!!!

If you even get there very early, there is a nice coffee place at the building.

Another advice to you is during the test to sit as far as you can from the entrance door, people will leave the room at the different times and they may distract you.

Good luck :)

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
shaazdeh said:
I took TTC so I cannot answer your question regarding the parking space. But I can tell you, based on google map, My travel time supposed to be 45 minutes from Midtown to Test center by bus. It took me 1 hour 10 minutes mostly because of rush hour! My test was at 9 AM and I left home at 7:20 !

My advice to you is to leave as early as you can. Plan to be there at least 30 minutes in advance for sure, they send us to the test room 15 minutes prior to test. and for travel time whatever time the Google is giving you add 45 minutes if your test is during rush hour time !!!!!

If you even get there very early, there is a nice coffee place at the building.

Another advice to you is during the test to sit as far as you can from the entrance door, people will leave the room at the different times and they may distract you.

Good luck :)
Thanks a lot Shaazdeh... Test is at 1:30 p.m. I will drive down much earlier. We are family of 4. If we have a choice of seats, will definitely try to sit as far as possible from the entrance. Thanks once again for the tips.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@abemats2000
Parking spaces are limited in front of the CIC building. There's some paid underground parking around, although pretty packed as well. If your test is at 1:30 pm, you can park comfy in the shopping mall parking lots adjacent to the CIC building. The mall's parking is barred before they open (guess 9 or 10 am), but you're good to go as your test is scheduled for later that day ;)

I drove from Mississauga as well, but my test was early morning. It'll be past the morning rush time for you, but still I'd recommend you head out about 1.5 hours before as contingency.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
banrad said:
@ abemats2000
Parking spaces are limited in front of the CIC building. There's some paid underground parking around, although pretty packed as well. If your test is at 1:30 pm, you can park comfy in the shopping mall parking lots adjacent to the CIC building. The mall's parking is barred before they open (guess 9 or 10 am), but you're good to go as your test is scheduled for later that day ;)

I drove from Mississauga as well, but my test was early morning. It'll be past the morning rush time for you, but still I'd recommend you head out about 1.5 hours before as contingency.
Thanks banrad. I guess I will have to head to the mall parking lots since it is afternoon. Thanks again.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abemats2000 said:
Thanks a lot Shaazdeh... Test is at 1:30 p.m. I will drive down much earlier. We are family of 4. If we have a choice of seats, will definitely try to sit as far as possible from the entrance. Thanks once again for the tips.
Cool, Just to give you heads up, they will ask family members to sit separately but i am sure you all can sit far from the entrance. They provide those pencils that have erasers at the end to mark your paper.I noticed not all pencils had good erasers, I would suggest to have your own erasers! ( I am just too cautious lol)

PS. you can choose your seats as long as you dont seat with your family member

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
Hello guys,

Want to share my timeline:

Application received: December 22, 2014
AOR: February 20, 2015
Application process started: February 21, 2015
Test and Oathtaking: September 16, 2015

Test was done in the morning and the Oathtaking ceremony was in the afternoon. Yes, everything was done in just one day. Now, I just only need to wait for a week before I can apply for Canadian passport.