+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dear Khalidcivil describe the landing experince.

hotrockloveu2012

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
31-03-2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
??? Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
in March 2013 Insha Allah
Please describe the landing process you experienced.

Rock

Mangatholi

Nov 12, 2012
hotrockloveu2012 said:
Please describe the landing process you experienced.

Rock
When we were 15 mins away from landing, the seat belt signs were turned on. Aircraft descended rapidly, and landmarks of Toronto were visible. The captain instructed the crew to prepare for landing. The plane descended, and hit the tarmac. It was hardly felt and the landing was incredibly smooth. I could see the pilot applying the reverse thrust by looking at the aircraft wings...After running a distance, the aircraft came to a complete halt and all the passengers disembarked...

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mangatholi said:
When we were 15 mins away from landing, the seat belt signs were turned on. Aircraft descended rapidly, and landmarks of Toronto were visible. The captain instructed the crew to prepare for landing. The plane descended, and hit the tarmac. It was hardly felt and the landing was incredibly smooth. I could see the pilot applying the reverse thrust by looking at the aircraft wings...After running a distance, the aircraft came to a complete halt and all the passengers disembarked...

hahahahaha... good one ;D Probably not the answer the original poster expected..

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
Hahhahaha Funny :)

i guess he meant the landing procedure!!

but funny post though :) +1

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mangatholi said:
:D

hotrockloveu2012

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
31-03-2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
??? Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
really disgusting.... rather helping Khalid civil himself offered if any one wanna share his land experience

This forum need supporters not decoders

Rock

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

Here is his landing experience. I am copying from other thread...Don't get angry.. :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dear-khalidcivil-describe-the-landing-experince/-t126668.0.html;msg1970646#msg1970646

khalidcivil said:
Landing and Settling Experience

Dear fellows!

After issuance of visa, I traveled to Toronto from Islamabad on 21st December 2012. I took the PIA non-stop flight from Islamabad. Against the general perception, the flight was right on schedule and in flight services were quite satisfactory as well. The flight time was 14 hours.

Before landing in Toronto, the airline staff distributed a CBSA form to be filled by all passengers. The form contained information regarding the cash in excess of 10,000 dollars one is carrying, duration of visit etc. If one is carrying more than 10, 000 dollars, it is to be declared in this form and the same form is to be submitted by the immigrant at the airport to CBSA officials.

All processes at Airport went very smoothly. The immigrants landing for the first time were directed to the immigration staff for interview. The interview lasted for a few minutes with general info about family and profession etc. There was no question asked about the POF. The officer just asked about the total amount of dollars available to me for settling in Canada and entered that amount in COPR form. After completing the formalities and taking my address in Toronto, I was asked to sign the COPR form. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The officer also confirmed that I will receive PR card within 6 weeks time at the given address.

After the immigration counter, I attended the CBSA counter where I presented the lists of “goods accompanying” and “goods to follow”. They entered details in their system, stamped the lists and returned one copy to me. At the same counter, I handed over the form I received in the plan to CBSA officials. Again, there was no question asked about POF here as well.

Behavior of both Immigration and CBSA officials was friendly and helping. They always started the conversation by welcoming to Canada.

On the next working day, I went to a Canadian bank (TD bank) for opening account. The bank is well known in Canada with presence in all cities. I opened the basic account with a un-secured Visa Credit card of 500 $ limit. The whole process of opening account was completed in 30 minutes and against the bank stay was very co-operative. On the same day, I went to Service Canada office for getting the SIN number. The process there was very simple and completed in few minutes. They issued SIN number to me at the spot and also confirmed that SIN card will be delivered at my address within 15 days.

The most important thing to share with all of you is regarding driving license. I brought a letter of Authentication / NOC from district licensing issuing Authority in Pakistan for confirmation of my driving license validity and experience. I attended the Ontario Transportation Authority office and presented letter of authentication, original Pakistani license, passport and landing form. The officials accepted my previous driving experience in Pakistan and declared me eligible for class G driving license subject to clearing the written test and road test. Immediately after the process, I appeared for written test in the same office. The test was about traffic rules and signs in Canada. I managed to pass the test and afterwards got a date for practical road test. The important point is that the NOC I brought from Pakistan saved a lot of time and effort on my part as otherwise the licensing officials always ask for a letter of Authentication from for driving license from Pakistani Consulate in Toronto. Getting the letter from Pak Consulate involves not only fee payment but will also waste one full day. Thanks to the advice of our fellow forum member “Lala Ji” and help from “Cocknbull”, I brought the NOC from Pakistan.

Based on my experience, I would advise all fellow members not to worry about the procedures at airport and other preliminary things such opening bank account, SIN etc. The system is very effective and people are friendly. So you wouldn't face any trouble. Just remember to bring dresses for the cold summer as snowfall has already started in Toronto and other areas as well.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hotrockloveu2012 said:
really disgusting.... rather helping Khalid civil himself offered if any one wanna share his land experience

This forum need supporters not decoders

Rock
Come on.. the forum is FULL of landing experiences by dozens of people. A bit of searching and he would have found plenty. A lot of questions have been answered over and over.

hotrockloveu2012

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
31-03-2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
??? Insha Allah soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Dear CocknBull

U r the most generous guy on this boat

Thanks

Rock

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hotrockloveu2012 said:
Dear CocknBull

U r the most generous guy on this boat

Thanks

Rock
No problems dear. Check your other thread about how to register for IOM session. I have replied there.. :)

barney

Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikenz said:
Come on.. the forum is FULL of landing experiences by dozens of people. A bit of searching and he would have found plenty. A lot of questions have been answered over and over.
I agree with mikenz...this forum has plenty of 'landing experiences' which covers almost all possible good as well as bad experiences(mostly because of their own carelessness). Mr.Hotrockloveu2012 appears to be a Star Member and must be familiar with the forum and how to go about things here. I have no comments about his sense of humor. Instead of starting a thread, he had three options:

Search for 'khalidcivil' in members area - Go to khalidcivil's profile
1) Send him a PM requesting some info
2) Check his latest posts to find the required post

OR

3) Search or Check many of the 'Landing' threads which are very active and informative with more than a 1000 posts.

I appreciate Mangatholi's sense of humor and +1 for you Sir for giving me a good laugh...