+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deadline approaching. Need advice please

vik77

Dec 22, 2009
I am a new member of this forum. I am really concerned about submitting application on time at New Delhi CHC.
Deadline for my application is 30th Dec. 2009 and due to some problem, my lawyer is going to dispatch my documents by 27th or 28th or 29th (depending on availability of one doc which is on the way from India to Canada). I am really worried if my application would reach New Delhi office from Canada (thats where my lawyer is based at) within a day or so.

Please advice about the consequences if documents reach there after 30th Dec. although the date of dispatch would be 28th or 29th Dec. I am quite concerned about this. Although, my lawyer is maintaining that as long as we dispatch documents on 29th Dec., we are good, but i doubt it. PLEASE ADVICE IF HE IS RIGHT.

Any replies would be highly appreciated (but please don't just guess as your reply would help me to decide whether to withdraw my case or send papers just before the deadline). Thanks in advance. Pls Help.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My opinion is that, your lawer, being an Immigration expert, should know the consequences and he is liable to advice you accordingly as he is charging you for his service!!

deepak1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if you can not submit the any document you can submit it later stage too.
I was also same condition. I have submitted the PCC along with medical,RPRF and passport which I could not submiited before. But you have to explain why you could not subimitted it.

Thanks
Deepak

vik77

Dec 22, 2009
Thanks for your reply Wilson and Deepak. I appreciate that.
@Deepak, Its actually work experience letter which is getting delayed, not sure if i should send the application without such a crucial document? shall i?
@Wilson, I wonder if i could ever pursue my lawyer based in Canada for any mistakes or inaccuracies from his side. For every small advice, he took a long time and often changed his opinion, thats how time passed and I am so close to deadline. Its a waste of money appointing lawyer as i could have all the information from this forum. Very disappointed with the time they took to guide me and now everybody is off for xmas. No accountability. I just hope visa office in New Delhi accepts the application even if it reaches day or two later then deadline. Would welcome anyone's similar experience.

Thanks guys for helping each other.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What you should have done is to send all the available documents before the expiration of the 120days and send the other document once it is received at a later date. If the docs is not complete the CHC will definitely ask for it which will only cause you delay and is far better than rejection after all the effort and money put into this project.
Ups will take three (3) working days for international delivery.It will be a magic based on your current time line.
All the same good luck.
Benny

vik77

Dec 22, 2009
Thanks for all the inputs. I really appreciate your replies. Today i got a mail from my lawyer and it says,

"As long as your documents are postmarked by the 29th, your package should be fine. The Visa Office generally takes into account transit times."

Is it true? Shall i believe that? Any body faced similar situation??

Or shall i just go with Wilson's opinion ? ::)

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In this present circumstance,we hope everything works well for you.Merry xmas
Benny

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
I don't think it will reach on 30th if posted on 29th. You are testing your Luck.

If postmarked on 29th, your package should be fine. If Visa Office takes into account transit times than

no worry.

All the Best

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi VIK
i totally undrstand ur situation.

plz do not rely on these lawyers.

i suggest (but plz ask others for more expert opinion) u send wahtever docs u have got . enclose a cover letter explaining the items that are missing & reasons for missing & state that u will submit them asap.

i honestly think it will be a huge risk to send the docs on 29th.

good luck & wish u a very fast & smooth PR process

vik77

Dec 22, 2009
Thanks to everyone who have replied. My lawyer is going to fedex my file on 28th.

So as per Malu08 reply, it should be ok if it is postmarked for 28th Dec. I tried to see the information on canadian web site if they consider transit times but couldn't find much on it.

Would really appreciate if someone could post some info or link for the same.

Wish you all merry x-mas and a very happy new year.. Thanks for everything.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
try calling helpline number see if you can get something from them.

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012