mehul1313

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hello all,

The date of birth in my parent's passport is different than in my PR application form that I submitted to CIC earlier. At that time, the birth certificate and passport were not formally issued. Now I want to apply for super visa for them. What should I do?

1) Apply with passport as is and write explanation in the invitation letter
2) Update the birth certificate and then update the passport (about 6+ months including court order) to match what I wrote in my PR application form
3) Apply with passport as is and attach affidavit explaining the mistake in my PR form

Any insight or experience will be highly grateful.
Thank you.

abby20

Feb 11, 2024
Hello all,

The date of birth in my parent's passport is different than in my PR application form that I submitted to CIC earlier. At that time, the birth certificate and passport were not formally issued. Now I want to apply for super visa for them. What should I do?

1) Apply with passport as is and write explanation in the invitation letter
2) Update the birth certificate and then update the passport (about 6+ months including court order) to match what I wrote in my PR application form
3) Apply with passport as is and attach affidavit explaining the mistake in my PR form

Any insight or experience will be highly grateful.
Thank you.

abby20

Feb 11, 2024
Hi there, I understand this is an old thread but I'm also in the same situation. Is there any update and how do you go about it? Thank you very much.

abby20

Feb 11, 2024
Hi, just saw this. We went ahead with affidavit.
Hello, thank you for your reply. Can you please give me more information how to go about with the affidavit? Did you have to go to a lawyer and got it notarized? And did you attach the affidavit in together with the passport or in a separate section? Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

mehul1313

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hello, thank you for your reply. Can you please give me more information how to go about with the affidavit? Did you have to go to a lawyer and got it notarized? And did you attach the affidavit in together with the passport or in a separate section? Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.
We went to the lawyer and they drafted the affidavit with notary stamp.