+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a one year postdoctoral fellowship, which will end in Aug. Thats my deadline and I am leaving if ( and I hope I will not have to) the visa is not issued by then.
I don't want to leave but I have responsibilities and I have to fullfill them and it's not going to be easy but Family first.
Any how I am hoping the visa will be issued soon enough.

Ottawa_2010 said:
Hi Alchemist2929,

Thanks for the update, I am expecting to get my CAIPS on the 23 of March. I will update everyone when i get it.

As for your note about your promise to your wife, I am glad that you agree with me. It is not an easy choice and i am not telling you to go back! We chose to come to Canada fora reason.
My point is do not give up until it is time to give up. weight you options carefully before taking any decisions. But have a deadline, being with your wife is more important than where you want to live.
But hold on and wait as much as you can.

Its been tough for us but i cant wait for the day that i can submit my vote, I and i am sure everyone who suffered here will vote for any party other than the conservatives.

it is clear how they look at immigrants, I hope the Chinese and Indians realize that they fell for the lies.
The days of the Labour party were way better.

Mr. Harper wants to cut cost at CIC while spending billions of our Tax money on Jet fighters from the USA as opposed to fixing the health care system.

I know its too much politics but everyone here will one day have the chance to have a say and make the change.

So, for anyone who doesn't know the current ruling party, its the conservatives. They don't like us!

Stay strong, Success requires patience and what ever comes fast goes away fast

O

Ottawa_2010

Good luck Sir!

And btw i meant to say the Liberal party days were way better. I lived in the UK for a long time and i got used to the Labour party. :)

Booj

Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-3-2011
File Transfer...
5-4-2011
Med's Done....
15-8-2010 , 8-2-2012
Re: form IMM5563

Alchemist2929 said:
the sponsor should send the full package. I filled form 5563 and the credit card information form and asked my wife to fill and SIGN form 5475, scan it and e-mail it to me. Then I sent everything out via CanadaPost with a "tracking number". It took exactly one month for them to e-mail me the report (I asked for information to be sent via e-mail in the form)

Thanks Alchemist2929 for your invaluable advice! :)
I just was wondering ,Why didn't you use the online payment ? it seems we can pay 5$ fee through online payment and then print out the receipt and mail it along with forms 5563 and 5475!

substone

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ips/non-economic.asp

Spouses = 37,500

Parents and Grandparents = 36,500

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Alchemist2929 said:
Hello guys,
Our application will be in process for 16 months tomorrow! and still no response since Nov. 2011. We have sent e-mails to Damascus and Amman and filled case specific enquiries for both but it's dead silent.
Any how, I have ordered CAIPS notes early Feb and got back the report (8 pages). Unfortuenately, I can't post it becuase it's a pdf scanned file and it contains private information. The CAIPS notes were very useful, it shows all actions taken on file including e-mail correspondance.
Our file was reviewed by an officer on Aug 28th, 2011 and he/she stated that he/she will wave the interview and asked someone else to re-issue meds and request new police certificate.
We got the e-mail for about new meds and P/C the next day. We did the P/C and sent it and it shows that it was recieved by mail.We told them we did the second medical and they asked for the green slip (unfortunately, we lost our copy and we told them we sent it by mail but they insisted on the green slip copy) so we assumed it was lost and did a third one (and the CAIPS shows they got the scanned green slip by e-mail on Jan 11,2012) This is that last line in the info. Surprisingly, the CAIPS shows that they actually recieved the second meds by mail !! but they did not even bother to look at what the wrote.
We are still waiting and our file status has been changed to your file has been sent to Amman office on Feb 21. 2012 and Amman office might contact you.
I am going to order a second CAIPS next week to see what happened to the file during tthese last two months..
I hope this useful and I recommend that everyone order CAIPS notes.
Also, I read few posts by Ottawa and I support what he said 100%. Thus I myself promised my wife that If we don't get the visa by Aug. I am leaving Canada, hence I have started applying for jobs abroad. As you know Canadians (Jason Kenny) value family ties and give it the highest priority.
Good luck for all of us and I hope this nightmare ends soon
Thanks Alchemist2929 for sharing!

majidek

Feb 29, 2012
Dear Sohrab,

it's a couple of days which we didn't hear from you. Do you have any news for us? we are on 9th of march but still there is no activity from Ankara(or very few).

Thanks,

AliAria

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is well? any good news for the past few days?
I got a question, when I sign in to see my wive's status online (using the B number) I see her address in Iran that I translated and wrote in in English. Did you guys do the same, or wrote the address in Farsi/Arabic? for example I wrote alley instead of "kooche"... Im just anxious that's it.

Thanks guys

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AliAria said:
Hi Guys,

I got a question, when I sign in to see my wive's status online (using the B number) I see her address in Iran that I translated and wrote in in English. Did you guys do the same, or wrote the address in Farsi/Arabic? for example I wrote alley instead of "kooche"... Im just anxious that's it.

Thanks guys
mine we wrote it in english, you can not write it in Arabic or Farisi. that's what I know

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
AliAria said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks guys
For our application we put my address in Canada as my husband's mailing address and his own address just as his residential address, because we don't trust Iran's post system. So his address on ecas which was the mailing address was always my address in Canada, but sometime in January his address got changed to his residential Iranian address still showing as the mailing address and still is like that ...
I don't know if this was related to your question but this was it for us :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Arezou said:
It is interesting. If they note every thing so clear in their system as mentioned in CAIPS notes why they do not answer our emails so clearly or why they do not finalize our files so fast?
It seems every thing is systematic there but why the out put is so unclear?
Alchemist,
Have they invited you for interview?
honey i think because it's not the actual officer who answers the emails....it's kind of receptionist and they just use the same template over and over again with just a small changes....and because it's not the actual officer and for security/privacy reasons they don't see all these internal notes the officer writes; those r just between the client (us) and CIC; maybe they do have more updates than what we see in the e-cas but not much more (that's my hint, sohrab can confirm :))

guys, the ones who waited long time, hang in there!! i believe ur wait is really almost over!! :) but i do undetstand everything u say abt family first and abt the deadlines u set for urselves; it is normal we all have our limits ::)

as for the election, did u guys hear abt the fraud they r talking abt: how some people got phonecalls with misleading information: like they were told the voting location changed which was a lie; they went to the place they were told it was nothing there and they did not manage to go to the actual place so their vote was lost....what i say it's from newspapers (if i understood correctly) and the court will decide...but definately they should make an inquiry and all Canadians should raise their voice!!!!!!!

and again abt election, did u guys know that a Canadian who resides outside more than 5 years cannot vote anymore????? that's the most stupid rule ever from my opinion, 5 years is not long time and it's also against the constitution, maybe some people wait for the gouv change to go back and they should have the right to raise their voice!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

it's oooooook all this will be a bad a dream and memory one day for all of us....:):-*:)

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

No problem Booj, you are welcome.
No particular reason actually. I thought it's easier thats all

Booj said:
Thanks Alchemist2929 for your invaluable advice! :)
I just was wondering ,Why didn't you use the online payment ? it seems we can pay 5$ fee through online payment and then print out the receipt and mail it along with forms 5563 and 5475!

Alchemist2929

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One important thing i forgot to mention. CAIPS report contains a line like this: BF file to XXX on "date" so it also tells you when your file is going to be reviewed by officer XXX again.

KhalidIraq

Sep 4, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
05-07-2017
Alchemist2929 said:
One important thing i forgot to mention. CAIPS report contains a line like this: BF file to XXX on "date" so it also tells you when your file is going to be reviewed by officer XXX again.
This is really important; thanks so much Alchemist!

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Alchemist2929 said:
No problem Booj, you are welcome.
No particular reason actually. I thought it's easier thats all
Hi Alchemist2929,
from reading in this forum in the last few days the ecase has changed for most of the oldest member here " they added : we transfer your file to ... and they may contact you"
like you, waiting me my love, dignity3 and I ....
so do you think is it a good sign?