+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

S

shazdehTheSecond

A+M said:
Thanks Ali_M3. I am sure they would say the same thing to my husband.... I think it would be hard to prove he would go back when he has wife and kids here :( This process is frustrating...... hopefully good news for everyone soon!
you don't have to respond. but I'm curious how come you have 3 kids together but your husband has to be sponsored by you.

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
It is a long story.... but basically he was here for a few years before his inland application was denied and he was deported. our kids are only 2,3 and 5 yrs old. He has been gone a year already. the kids do not understand why he had to leave so suddenly and why he can't come home. it's a loooong process that's for sure!

souhait

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone,I was just reading the news about syria and watched related videos.As far as I am concerned the protests happen everyday and when some protestors are asked,they all say they are gonna continue till they change the regime,
They are so brave.
But, considering our files,I think now the embassy should make a decision because it seems they were waiting for some stability which seems does not occcur.About the processing time :mad:,well I dont know what to say,because they have sent us e-mails telling us they finalize the files within 9 months and they have also mentioned they are going to finalize the files that are complete much more faster!

LELLO

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2011
Doc's Request.
09-18-2012
File Transfer...
04-06-2011/ 07-03-2012 (BEY)
Med's Request
09-18-2012
Med's Done....
09-25-2012
Interview........
02-14-2013
Passport Req..
02-14-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-14-2013
I have an update.
My file was sent to Mississauga first week of May
Got a response June 9
Recvd in Ottawa July 4...and now its in process.

My lawyer is saying that i shouldnt expect a response before 6 months because there is a major delay in ottawa. As for syria, he believes the office is closed cause files are being redirected and interviews are taking place in Turkey. All in all, it doesnt sound too good, i guess we just have to pray that things will move faster.

I just have a quick question for those who recvd their ppr, do u start the counting from the time u give the application to Mississauga office, or when they start the application process?

Ali_M3

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should start counting the days from the date it arrived at Ottawa.

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
I honestly feel like writing to damascus and being like can you please hurry up with our file my hisbands medical will expire on aug 24th and we sent you all evidence and all information you asked for plus some and here we are still waiting over 8 months.. What is the problem ? If our file is missing something can you atleast let us know so we can send you the needed information. Or atleast let us know wjere we stand and how much longer will the wait be ?

Pleasr i am begging you to give us some piece of information. Maybe 300$ is easy on you and your company but its not so easy on us to redo medicals as money doesnt just fall from the sky.

WHAT SHOULD I WRITE TO THEM TO HURRY UP IM SOCL OF WAITING AND DONT FEEL LIKE WE WILL GET PPR BEFORE THE EXPIRY DATE OF MY HUSBANDS MEDICAL :-:)-(!!!

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
htraboul said:
How much doest it coast the medical exams in lebanon?
300 alf ... lebanese money basically 200$ american..
honestly money is not a problem but why should we continue to pay and pay and pay.. when it can all be done and avoided like right now.. !ugh

S

shazdehTheSecond

A+M said:
It is a long story.... but basically he was here for a few years before his inland application was denied and he was deported. our kids are only 2,3 and 5 yrs old. He has been gone a year already. the kids do not understand why he had to leave so suddenly and why he can't come home. it's a loooong process that's for sure!
thanks for sharing the information. i can imagine how hard it is for you and your children. i have not had a chance to live with my wife yet, hopefully we can form a happy family with 3 children too! my wife and i have already decided about the kids names as well. ;)

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
shazdehTheSecond said:
thanks for sharing the information. i can imagine how hard it is for you and your children. i have not had a chance to live with my wife yet, hopefully we can form a happy family with 3 children too! my wife and i have already decided about the kids names as well. ;)
I really hope you are able to live with your wife SOON :) And you are able to start your family! You will love living with your wife..... I really miss waking up to my husband every day :( Some days it is hard to stay positive but we will all be reunited with our loved ones eventually ;)

nairyd

Mar 28, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Lebanon/ Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
File Transfer...
April 6 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
December 2010
I just called the embassy in Damascus, and the lady told me that the section that completes the applications for Quebec is closed, but the rest was open and that they are working very hard!

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
it has been long time to hear from embassy , it seems so dry ,,,,

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Yaya Marei said:
it has been long time to hear from embassy , it seems so dry ,,,,
The month that we thought would be the most appealing to us all turned out to be the dryest...

We still have about 23 days in so inshallah inshallah good news for us all!!

Ali_M3

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have asked my MP to contact Ambassador of Canada in Damascus and check on my wife's file. Here is the response I just received.

Dear Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for your note. I have asked the embassy visa section to confirm the status of the file. They assure me that processing of the application is under way. Please be advised that Citizenship and Immigration Canada's standard for processing spousal cases is twelve (12) months from submission of the sponsorship to visa issuance. Spouses have the highest processing priority, and your wife's application is in the queue for review by the responsible officer. Current processing time in Damascus is eleven (11) months from receipt of the approved sponsorship. Your wife will be contacted when the application reaches the next stage of processing. Of course, it is most helpful if the contact information remains up-to-date and the clients respond to requests in as timely a manner as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Glenn Davidson

Ambassador of Canada

mchaabaa

Jul 8, 2011
Hi all,

I am sponsoring my wife that lives in Amman Jordan, I finished all the paper work in April/11 and handed in the application with all the information required. I got a letter in May saying they have received my application and they would begin processing on June 21/11. However, in that letter it mentioned that my application has been transferred to a Pilot Office in Ottawa due to the situation in Syria right now. I heard that the Visa Office in Syria is closed and most applications are being re-directed back to Canada. Spousal Sponsorship takes less time than family Sponsorship ex father/mother. Is anyone currently experiencing this or does anyone know anything about the Pilot Office in Canada. Do they process the applications faster ? Also, how long is the waiting time for Spousal Sponsorship if it was sent back to Syria? Any information would help. Thnx