+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus office

rzak

Jun 11, 2011
Hi, anyone knows if the Canadian embassy in Damascus will close during the current events in Syria? and if so, what will happen to our immigration application forms.

Thanks

jorjjj

Sep 1, 2011
Hey There
I applied to the Damascus office from Lebanon on 20-Jan-2011

Concerning your question, I saw the following news:
"Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus closed as of May 31, 2011

Written by Arton Capital - Friday, 13 May 2011 19:06
For the safety of its clients and staff as well as for maintaining the proper treatment of its immigration cases in the current context in some parts of the Middle East, the Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities chose to close the Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus as of May 31, 2011. Immigration activities held there will now be conducted from the department offices in Montreal.

This news involves no changes to the business category clients, whose treatment has already been based in Montreal in recent years.

Selection interviews conducted by the Ministry with the candidates from Middle East will be held on neighboring territories easily accessible for clients. This practice, common to the Department, is already used in different territories.

The Department is looking forward to continue its activities from the Middle East with the same diligence as quickly as possible."

And Btw, a couple of weeks, i got an SMS confirming the application transaction, that it was done successfully, and the source was in Montreal
So the file arrived in there, and started processing

Hope It Helped....
R-
Georges

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Hey rzak, and jorjj,
I dont know if you had the information you need, but I'm also trying to apply to Québec, and apparently they changed the office to Montreal. I hope this helps.

akramsam said:
They started again the interview calls to our region, and the new location for the middle east applicants is (Istanbul Turkey)... go to this link:
immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/schedule-missions.html

scarycemetery

Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
16-08-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Done....
09-11-2010 and 04-11-2011
Interview........
24-11-2011
Passport Req..
19-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
I hope not...that's where my husband's application is. However when we called them, they had said they were understaffed. But if you join us in the "Family Class: damascus" section you can read that the immigration officers are working over time and people are still getting their visas :D

imdastyar

Nov 20, 2011
rzak said:
Hi, anyone knows if the Canadian embassy in Damascus will close during the current events in Syria? and if so, what will happen to our immigration application forms.

Thanks
only Quebec office in Syria was closed. Federal office is working as usual, naturally with half of stuffs.

majid_migrant

Jan 9, 2012
jorjjj said:
Hey There
I applied to the Damascus office from Lebanon on 20-Jan-2011

Concerning your question, I saw the following news:
"Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus closed as of May 31, 2011

Written by Arton Capital - Friday, 13 May 2011 19:06
For the safety of its clients and staff as well as for maintaining the proper treatment of its immigration cases in the current context in some parts of the Middle East, the Department of Immigration and Cultural Communities chose to close the Quebec Immigration Office in Damascus as of May 31, 2011. Immigration activities held there will now be conducted from the department offices in Montreal.

This news involves no changes to the business category clients, whose treatment has already been based in Montreal in recent years.

Selection interviews conducted by the Ministry with the candidates from Middle East will be held on neighboring territories easily accessible for clients. This practice, common to the Department, is already used in different territories.

The Department is looking forward to continue its activities from the Middle East with the same diligence as quickly as possible."

And Btw, a couple of weeks, i got an SMS confirming the application transaction, that it was done successfully, and the source was in Montreal
So the file arrived in there, and started processing

Hope It Helped....
R-
Georges

Hi jorjjj,
I'm gonna apply for PR as a skilled worker. I have a few questions related to this issue.
Is there any interview during this process for PR as for Quebec?How long does it take to grant this kind of visa?
thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Majid

im_mimo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
We started processing my application on December 12, 2010.in Syria.

Later they transferred my application to the Beirut office on February 22, 2012.

I'm still waiting for medical exam, no news...no info... :'(

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
im_mimo said:
We started processing my application on December 12, 2010.in Syria.

Later they transferred my application to the Beirut office on February 22, 2012.

I'm still waiting for medical exam, no news...no info... :'(
Same here… our processing began in March 2010 and still nothing, and we've applied as investors - supposedly a faster option! Nevertheless, reliable sources have told me that the Embassy had been understaffed since the closure of the department in Damascus, and they only brought in new staff about two weeks ago. That (hopefully) ought to speed things up.