+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daily commute (Detroit-Windsor) (H1b and Canada PR)

manu_007

Aug 18, 2024
Hi. My employer is fine with me commuting from Windsor to Detroit but wants me to maintain some kind of residence in Detroit for payroll purposes. They don't want a business address but a residential address. Anybody here dealing with a similar situation? What did you do?

Can anybody recommend any leads or any cheap housing options in detroit?
Hi brucewayne1189 - I wondering if you got any answer or solution for you this question. I am also planning the same in near future. you input would be highly appreciated.

viveksharmaz

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
I have rented an apartment in Niagara falls and I will be commuting to US every day starting 2nd week of SEp as I cant work outside US but have to be in US boundary any where. I have few questions.
1. Can I apply nexus card based on my US driving license or I need Canadian Driving license .
2. Can I cross the Rainbow Bridge on Foot till my car is fully imported or I can use my car with US license plate to commute back and forth.
3. Do we need to provide address on both side when we apply for Nexus card or any one address would be ok.
4. Does anyone know about any working space which you can rent on daily bases in Buffalo side near border .
5. If not working space what are other options you can use to work other than mobile hot spot .
6. Does the US or Canadian border guys contact your organization for any information .

Please do reply guys .. I really need these answers for smooth travel ..

Ronak529

Star Member
Dec 27, 2022
I have rented an apartment in Niagara falls and I will be commuting to US every day starting 2nd week of SEp as I cant work outside US but have to be in US boundary any where. I have few questions.
1. Can I apply nexus card based on my US driving license or I need Canadian Driving license .

you can apply on either or, all you need is 3 years of stay in either or country

2. Can I cross the Rainbow Bridge on Foot till my car is fully imported or I can use my car with US license plate to commute back and forth.

Foot is okay, car you can transfer on day 1 as it will take 20-40 days, till then you can show paper work on Canadian side if asked

3. Do we need to provide address on both side when we apply for Nexus card or any one address would be ok.

Both is preferred

4. Does anyone know about any working space which you can rent on daily bases in Buffalo side near border .

There are a lot, google it or find a room. Some orgs dont like sharing space

5. If not working space what are other options you can use to work other than mobile hot spot .

Never done

6. Does the US or Canadian border guys contact your organization for any information .

Never

Please do reply guys .. I really need these answers for smooth travel ..
It is

viveksharmaz

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
One quick question I have just got my ITN number for importing my car on 29th of this month and have already send email to US customs at Lewiston bridge.
1.Do I need to send my title ahead to USA Border at Lewiston bridge or I can carry my title with me. I understand they will be stamping my Title, and I have to take that to Canadian Border .
2. I am Filling up the RIV form online and will be submitting it . Do I need to do any thing else for canada Border check.
3. I have purchased few items like Couch, carpets , patio furniture etc which is not in my Good to follow list . Do I need to declare them at the border .
4. I will carrying my car back of my Uhaul truck in car carrier . is there enough place to park both so that the US border guys can do inspection of the car .

Reactions: manu_007