+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Custodian Declaration for minors who are not studying in Canada

steffani22

Jan 19, 2016
Hello, I'm helping some middle school parents in the State of Mexico fill out their child's online application forms. They're being asked to fill out the Custodian Declaration form IM5646, the problem is that the students will not be studying in Canada, they are just visiting as their graduation trip. They are under 18, and I know the parents have to write a specific letter for temporary custody since they will not be traveling with parents. My question is if its mandatory to fill the application or if there was a mistake? What can I do? Thank you.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
steffani22 said:
Hello, I'm helping some middle school parents in the State of Mexico fill out their child's online application forms. They're being asked to fill out the Custodian Declaration form IM5646, the problem is that the students will not be studying in Canada, they are just visiting as their graduation trip. They are under 18, and I know the parents have to write a specific letter for temporary custody since they will not be traveling with parents. My question is if its mandatory to fill the application or if there was a mistake? What can I do? Thank you.
children under the age must accompany with their parents or guardian even for few days. therefore they need to fill form related to kids custody during their trip to Canada. even for one day in Canada, who will be responsible for the kids?

steffani22

Jan 19, 2016
Their teacher and Principal will be accompanying the children. But the declaration form is asking for a school address in Canada, but they aren't going to study they are just visiting.