+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Currently in Canada/Toronto on a student visa- CHARGED WITH DUI

Jagdeep121

Oct 12, 2017
Hello everyone .

I am charged with assault and threats.

I have my permit expiring next month but have applied for pnp and hope to get it by end of jan. Lawyer says my trial should be in a 9 to 10 months. Am scared. Can i apply for work permit extension based on my trial . Plz help

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello everyone .

I am charged with assault and threats.

I have my permit expiring next month but have applied for pnp and hope to get it by end of jan. Lawyer says my trial should be in a 9 to 10 months. Am scared. Can i apply for work permit extension based on my trial . Plz help
CIC won't extend work permit until you have your trial.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thanks.

So what status will i have in canada then. I cant leave the country too until my trial is over . My passport is held by rcmp.
Unless you can have your trial move up before your work permit expires, I don't know any options that maybe available to you. You could try to apply for a TRP if you cannot move up your trial.

vbawa1922

May 25, 2018
Hello friend .dui now a days is pretty straight forward and most charges result in convection . However there might be a way out . Get the charges dropped to a highway ticket like careless driving or plea bargain with the crown. Don't try to plea bargain yourself . U Need a lawyer to do that . Expect some money to go away from your account for sure . And one thing , there is no lawer that can make things disappear. If u need some information regarding dui ,pm me . I am not a lawer but some like u who went through all this .
hey can u text me asap i need ur help 6476412385