+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Currently in Canada on IEC WH, can I apply for 2nd one from within Canada?

bonniea89

Jun 13, 2014
Hey!

I'm Australian and currently in Canada on my first Working Holiday visa, which expires on October 23, 2015. I've been given conflicting information about whether I can apply for my second one while still IN Canada, or if I have to leave the country to apply and be granted it, THEN re-enter. So I'm basically wondering:

-Can I be in Canada when I apply for my 2nd Working Holiday visa?
-If yes, do I then have to leave and re-enter, for example going to the USA or on a short international holiday somewhere?
-Can I apply now? Or do I have to wait until a certain time?
-Do I have to get police checks for Canada and Australia again? And a traffic history report (I'm from QLD)? I haven't been back to Australia since I left in 2013.

Thank you so much!
Bonnie

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can apply for another one from within Canada so long as you haven't exceeded the amount of IEC's you're allowed to have.
When you get it, you will need to cross the border and return to Canada to activate it.
You don't need to get a Canadian police check, they'll do their own. You will need new ones from Australia though,
You can apply now so long as the Australian program is open.

bonniea89

Jun 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your reply! I was under the impression I'd have to leave so this is a huge relief.