+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Approach to Tackle the Hong Kong Police Certificate Issue

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
A few of us are struggling to tackle the HK PC thing (HK police sends the certificate directly to CIC but we are still required to upload SOMETHING to our MyCIC...) I just want to record how we are tackling this issue now so applicants in the future may benefit from our experience.

First, when you submit the e-APR you don't need to provide your HK police certificate with your application, instead, upload a LOE explaining that HK police requests a letter from CIC to process.

Then, after submitting your e-APR, you will get a letter from CIC asking for the PC in 60 days, in which they also provide an address for the Police to mail out. You bring this letter with other documents you need (check the website of Hong Kong Police Force Certificate of No Criminal Conviction) to the Hong Kong Police Force at Wan Chai to apply for the Certificate. Remember to keep the receipt!

Thirdly, here comes the part that we got so much trouble in. We have to upload the police certificate to MyCIC, and BEFORE upload the certificate that we wont have (and we are planning to upload the receipt/LOE/whatsoever), we have to fill in mandatory fields e.g. document number, document name, issue date, expiry date, or else the system wont let you proceed.

I raised this issue when I was at the Police and the guy gave me some UNOFFICIAL suggestions, which I am gonna take to fill in those mandatory fields:

1. Document Name: HK Certificate of No Criminal Conviction
2. Document number: the reference number on our receipt, mine is sth like CNCCOxxxx/xx
3. Issue Date: the guy asked me to call them after three weeks, if the certificate has been sent out by then, they would be able to tell me the date they sent it, and that's the "issue date";
4. Expiry Date: there wont be any expiry date on our certificates.

After it, upload the receipt and explain that the certificate will be sent to CIC directly.

Of course the next issue is we will never know whether CIC has received our certificates...

If anyone has any alternative idea/suggestion, or any experience to share, you are more than welcome to help us (and the future applicants) to get through this!

And for those who have submitted the HK police certificate, please do update us how it goes. Thank you very much!!!

dandc2009

Jan 19, 2016
I think that is the information we need to enter. Keeping the receipt is very important!

Regarding the delivery of the certificate, though CIC will not give acknowledgement of receipt immediately, we can still find out the delivery status by providing the tracking number to Canada post. The hotline number calling outside Canada is (+1)416-979-3033. Remember, the tracking number does not work in the online tracking system of Canada post and Hong Kong post (Hong Kong post can only tell you when the mail is departed and that is all). But once you can contact the staff on phone, they should be able to tell the delivery status of the mail.

Hope this help.

ss_2016

Jul 10, 2016
Could you please confirm what is LOE and share the format? I went to HK police today based on my EE invitation and they rejected to accept my application as they need address to send the certificate.

Should I submit my initial PR application without HK clearance ?

Please help me urgently.

lozkeano1987

Oct 19, 2017
I'm currently waiting on my document, it seems everything went through okay after waiting a long time but Now the problem is I don't know where exactly my certificate is. The Hong Kong Criminal Clearance confirmed that it had been sent and gave me the tracking number which confirmed it was delivered to the Canadian Consulate General in HK about three weeks ago. I emailed the Canadian Consulate General in HK a number of times but haven't got a reply yet. It's safe to say the process has been very stressful and frustrating. I wish they would give us the document so I can send it directly but now I'm worried it's gotten lost or misplaced.

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
A few of us are struggling to tackle the HK PC thing (HK police sends the certificate directly to CIC but we are still required to upload SOMETHING to our MyCIC...) I just want to record how we are tackling this issue now so applicants in the future may benefit from our experience.

First, when you submit the e-APR you don't need to provide your HK police certificate with your application, instead, upload a LOE explaining that HK police requests a letter from CIC to process.

Then, after submitting your e-APR, you will get a letter from CIC asking for the PC in 60 days, in which they also provide an address for the Police to mail out. You bring this letter with other documents you need (check the website of Hong Kong Police Force Certificate of No Criminal Conviction) to the Hong Kong Police Force at Wan Chai to apply for the Certificate. Remember to keep the receipt!

Thirdly, here comes the part that we got so much trouble in. We have to upload the police certificate to MyCIC, and BEFORE upload the certificate that we wont have (and we are planning to upload the receipt/LOE/whatsoever), we have to fill in mandatory fields e.g. document number, document name, issue date, expiry date, or else the system wont let you proceed.

I raised this issue when I was at the Police and the guy gave me some UNOFFICIAL suggestions, which I am gonna take to fill in those mandatory fields:

1. Document Name: HK Certificate of No Criminal Conviction
2. Document number: the reference number on our receipt, mine is sth like CNCCOxxxx/xx
3. Issue Date: the guy asked me to call them after three weeks, if the certificate has been sent out by then, they would be able to tell me the date they sent it, and that's the "issue date";
4. Expiry Date: there wont be any expiry date on our certificates.

After it, upload the receipt and explain that the certificate will be sent to CIC directly.

Of course the next issue is we will never know whether CIC has received our certificates...

If anyone has any alternative idea/suggestion, or any experience to share, you are more than welcome to help us (and the future applicants) to get through this!

And for those who have submitted the HK police certificate, please do update us how it goes. Thank you very much!!!

Hi,
I received a demand letter from CIC in my express entry profile asking me to submit the HK PCC in 60 days, however there was no address on it. What should I do now?

Thanks