+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ holder applying for study permit

Gunner78

Apr 11, 2010
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and have a specific question.

I received the CSQ December 2009 and my wife is the primary applicant. I also submitted an application for PR at the Abu Dhabi office early March 2010.

I have been admitted to an MBA program in Quebec that starts Sep 2010 and unfortunately i wont have the PR by then. I am planning on applying for a study permit and going as an international student until my PR is processed. Does anyone know what happens to my PR application, will it be transferred to another office ? will it remain in Abu Dhabi and if so would i have to go back there for my medicals? Will this cause any complications and risk my PR appication?

Appreciate your replies

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gunner, not sure what your status is right now but to answer your query - no you should not have any problem applying for a study permit when you already have a nomination. I went through a similar situation and there was no problem.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Gunner78 said:
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and have a specific question.

I received the CSQ December 2009 and my wife is the primary applicant. I also submitted an application for PR at the Abu Dhabi office early March 2010.

I have been admitted to an MBA program in Quebec that starts Sep 2010 and unfortunately i wont have the PR by then. I am planning on applying for a study permit and going as an international student until my PR is processed. Does anyone know what happens to my PR application, will it be transferred to another office ? will it remain in Abu Dhabi and if so would i have to go back there for my medicals? Will this cause any complications and risk my PR appication?

Appreciate your replies