+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score came out different after submitting the profile

Sidhartha

May 16, 2018
I have calculated my CRS score before submitting the profile in the portal here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

It showed 432. I submitted my profile with exact same details in the express entry profile and the score that tool calculated came out as 440. I am confused that it increased and cross checked only to find every detail is given correctly..but how is this possible

Last edited:

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Reason for this discrepancy is that we select degree as masters as that’s original one but in case of evaluation it is bachelors. So the cic tool has this slight error and they have not fixed it yet.

You can check old posts as well where people faced similar issue

Sidhartha

May 16, 2018
Reason for this discrepancy is that we select degree as masters as that’s original one but in case of evaluation it is bachelors. So the cic tool has this slight error and they have not fixed it yet.

You can check old posts as well where people faced similar issue
No. If I had done that, wouldn't the application get rejected in the first place or atleast ask me for the relevant documents ?
This is the status of WES:
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2010
Awarded By: college name
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

And I just cross checked the education profile.. Everything is given the appropriately. Bachelor degree-4years, 2 years diploma after school and ten years of high school education

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
No. If I had done that, wouldn't the application get rejected in the first place or atleast ask me for the relevant documents ?

And I just cross checked the education profile.. Everything is given the appropriately. Bachelor degree-4years, 2 years diploma after school and ten years of high school education
What is the 2 year diploma

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
I guess it's taking 2 or more degree or diploma in your case, because you added 2 year diploma incorrectly

Sidhartha

May 16, 2018
What is the 2 year diploma
Plus one and plus two.
The level of education on CRS tool is: 120
The level of education on Express entry tool is: 128
I chose this option for plus one and plus two:
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Is that the problem ?
But only graduation is considered right ?

Sidhartha

May 16, 2018
I guess it's taking 2 or more degree or diploma in your case, because you added 2 year diploma incorrectly
Should I delete and check the diploma then ? My only confusion is that people say only Bachelor's degree is considered. But I gave three levels of education.
1. Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
2. Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute (This one, I gave for plus one and plus two)
3. Secondary diploma (high school graduation)

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Should I delete and check the diploma then ? My only confusion is that people say only Bachelor's degree is considered. But I gave three levels of education.
1. Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
2. Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute (This one, I gave for plus one and plus two)
3. Secondary diploma (high school graduation)
I have not filled my EE profile yet. But I'm kind of sure plus 1 and 2 is not considered as diploma.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018

Remove school education and put only what you got evaluated from wes i.e. Bachelor's, 432 is your actual score

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I have calculated my CRS score before submitting the profile in the portal here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

It showed 432. I submitted my profile with exact same details in the express entry profile and the score that tool calculated came out as 440. I am confused that it increased and cross checked only to find every detail is given correctly..but how is this possible
Why are you creating multiple threads for same question?