+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score 0 even though I meet minimum requirements. Please help! Certain deadlines are coming up and I have to get this sorted out soon. Thanks!

tpenguin

Jan 9, 2023
Hi everyone -

This is urgent and any input would be nice.....I've attempted to submit my EE profile twice now, both times with a resulting CRS score of 0. It didn't give any points for each section which leads me to believe there was an error. It says I am NOT eligible for any of the options (I want to get into the federal skilled worker stream):

Here are some details:
- IELTS General Training - overall 8.5/9 (took it in October 2022)
- Work Exp - Current developer job (1.5 years), previous developer job (4 months), all in USA and full time/paid. No Canada work experience or job offer.
- Education - Graduated with BS in IT in 2020 from a USA college and already received/sent ECA (the evaluation came out to be "Bachelor's degree four years) in November.
- Entered the funds over the minimum requirement
- NOC code is 21234 (I am a web developer)

Note - I looked at the FSW grid online and should be getting 70 points out of 100. Apparently 67 is the minimum.

Below were possible reasons according to the ineligibility document, but I should have all of this as stated above ^^:
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds.

Would appreciate any insight on this....

Please let me know if you have any questions of would like me to message any relevant screenshots. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone -

This is urgent and any input would be nice.....I've attempted to submit my EE profile twice now, both times with a resulting CRS score of 0. It didn't give any points for each section which leads me to believe there was an error. It says I am NOT eligible for any of the options (I want to get into the federal skilled worker stream):

Here are some details:
- Work Exp - Current developer job (1.5 years), previous developer job (4 months), all in USA and full time/paid. No Canada work experience or job offer.
- Education - Graduated with BS in IT in 2020 from a USA college and already received/sent ECA (the evaluation came out to be "Bachelor's degree four years) in November.

Note - I looked at the FSW grid online and should be getting 70 points out of 100. Apparently 67 is the minimum.

Below were possible reasons according to the ineligibility document, but I should have all of this as stated above ^^:

Please let me know if you have any questions of would like me to message any relevant screenshots. Thank you.
Do you have 67 points to be eligible? Not sure you do with a Bachelors and only 1.9 years experience. You don’t count points for 2-3 years. What are your IELTS per band? One year continious work experience?

Last edited:

tpenguin

Jan 9, 2023
Do you have 67 points to be eligible? Not sure you do with a Bachelors and only 1.9 years experience. You don’t count points for 2-3 years. What are your IELTS per band? One year continious work experience?
Hello - thanks for your questions and response, please see answers below:

- I didn't mention in my original post that I'm 25, in case that's relevant.

- It seemed to me like the minimum requirement was 1 year so I thought my nearly 2 years of work experience should be enough. I used the below link to calculate: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

- From 2020 to 2021 I was working without pay to gain experience so I have not counted that. But since April 2021 till now my experience should count. My current paid + full-time job has been going for almost 2 years (in April 2023) with no breaks.

- For IELTS, (Speaking- 9, Reading- 9, Writing- 7, Listening- 8.5) - Cumulative 8.5

- Also I plan on applying to PNPs once my profile is created to get extra points for ITA. But I don't think I can apply for PNP without a profile.

Please let me know if you have additional questions, and thanks again.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

- It seemed to me like the minimum requirement was 1 year so I thought my nearly 2 years of work experience should be enough. I used the below link to calculate: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

- From 2020 to 2021 I was working without pay to gain experience so I have not counted that. But since April 2021 till now my experience should count. My current paid + full-time job has been going for almost 2 years (in April 2023) with no breaks.

- For IELTS, (Speaking- 9, Reading- 9, Writing- 7, Listening- 8.5) - Cumulative 8.5

- Also I plan on applying to PNPs once my profile is created to get extra points for ITA. But I don't think I can apply for PNP without a profile.

So do you or don’t you have 67 points? Don’t think you do with bachelor’s, one year of experience and your IELTS scores. How will PNPs give you extra points? What PNPs are you eligible for?

Reactions: tpenguin

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You have made at least one error (possibly more) in the responses you've made to the questions in your EE profile. It's pretty much impossible for any of us to guess what those error or errors may be. First suggestion is to review all of your responses very carefully, including rereading the question carefully - and then to make sure you've answered each question correctly. If you really can't find the issue, then the alternative is to list all of the questions and your responses here.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Age - 12
Education - 21
IELTs - 21 (6, 6, 5, 4)
Work Experience - 9 (only have one year)

I think you have 63 points unless I am missing something. Not sure how you calculated 70. Once you have two years experience in April, you will get 2 more points. You need to max out your IELTS to be eligible with two years of work experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: tpenguin and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Age - 12
Education - 21
IELTs - 21 (6, 6, 5, 4)

I think you have 63 points unless I am missing something. Not sure how you calculated 70. Once you have two years experience in April, you will get 2 more points. You need to max out your IELTS to be eligible with two years of work experience.
If OP only has 63 points that would obviously be the problem...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone -

Here are some details:

Give us the break down of how you got to the 70 points.

tpenguin

Jan 9, 2023
You have made at least one error (possibly more) in the responses you've made to the questions in your EE profile. It's pretty much impossible for any of us to guess what those error or errors may be. First suggestion is to review all of your responses very carefully, including rereading the question carefully - and then to make sure you've answered each question correctly. If you really can't find the issue, then the alternative is to list all of the questions and your responses here.
Thanks for the reply, but it looks like as Naturgrl mentioned, I am sitting at 63 points. I made a mistake with the IELTS chart and overthought the points. Appreciate all the help with this. I guess I will just have to wait until I have 2 full years of continuous experience. I don't think there's any other option?

tpenguin

Jan 9, 2023
Age - 12
Education - 21
IELTs - 21 (6, 6, 5, 4)

Sorry, you are correct. I overthought the IELTS table and did some incorrect conversions. Good catch. As stated in the other comment it looks like I will have to wait it out before applying even though I don't really have a lot of time left in USA.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry, you are correct. I overthought the IELTS table and did some incorrect conversions. Good catch. As stated in the other comment it looks like I will have to wait it out before applying even though I don't really have a lot of time left in USA.
Two years experience is not going to give you enough points. You also need perfect IELTS scores to get 67. 67 is just to be eligible. With a bachelors, you will still not have a high enough CRS score for an invitation. Which PNP program are you eligible for (eligible doesn’t mean nominated)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply, but it looks like as Naturgrl mentioned, I am sitting at 63 points. I made a mistake with the IELTS chart and overthought the points. Appreciate all the help with this. I guess I will just have to wait until I have 2 full years of continuous experience. I don't think there's any other option?
It's mandatory to have at least 67 points to be eligible for the program. As said above, I don't think two years of work experience gets you there. I think you need to rewrite IELTS and achieve a higher score. Without at least 67 points, you cannot submit a profile under Express Entry and can't be selected under any program linked to EE (including PNP). Note that even once you have the 67 points and qualify to submit an EE profile, you won't score high enough based on your profile (under the CRS points system) to be selected directly under EE / FSW. So you need to look into the PNP programs or take actions such as learning French and getting a Masters to incrase your CRS points.

In terms of other options, you can investigate the PNP programs that are paper-based and don't go through Express Entry. However none of these programs are fast and if you have limited time remaining in the US, then realistically you will need to return to your home country and apply from there or wait out processing there.

Reactions: Naturgrl