+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

crs points decreased after recalculation due to not submitting foreign education

cometocanada

Aug 18, 2015
Hi there need urgent help and also want to inform members about submitting their original documents of foreign educational credential even though you have submitted WES report.

I ordered my gcms notes. my crs points decreased to 452 after recalculation due to not submitting foreign education documents although I have submitted WES report and they reviewed it successfully . I got AOR on 12 January 16 soon after uploading all documents,after receiving invitation on 11 November at score of 486 (minimum score was 483). visa officer has not declined my application and passed my R10. I have submitted all my documents via case specific inquiry on 18 th March and also sent via courier to CIO sydney.

Does anyone has gone through this situation? Or can someone recommend better course of action ?
Its urgent please reply.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cometocanada said:
Hi there need urgent help and also want to inform members about submitting their original documents of foreign educational credential even though you have submitted WES report.

I ordered my gcms notes. my crs points decreased to 452 after recalculation due to not submitting foreign education documents although I have submitted WES report and they reviewed it successfully . I got AOR on 12 January 16 soon after uploading all documents,after receiving invitation on 11 November at score of 486 (minimum score was 483). visa officer has not declined my application and passed my R10. I have submitted all my documents via case specific inquiry on 18 th March and also sent via courier to CIO sydney.

Does anyone has gone through this situation? Or can someone recommend better course of action ?
Its urgent please reply.
Yes, you made a mistake by not submitting the diplomas / degrees of your foreign education. They should have been included in the first place.

You have done the right thing by submitting the documents via CSE. It is now up to CIC whether or not they will accept the documents at this stage in the process.

If they don't, your application will be refused because your recalculated score is lower than the minimum score for the draw you were invited in.

You can only sit back and wait now.

cometocanada

Aug 18, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Will that in any case affect my BOWP as I have applied for BOWP and currently on implied status. I am expecting BOWP decision in few days. :(. Any other way like calling the agent or anything else including consulting lawyer on this matter.
Its very surprising they can see transcripts online through WES still need original documents.
It would be reasonable that they have refused before passing R10 atleast We didnt have to pay the fees and could have applied in next round of application (no harm done basically) . Isnt it unfair to keep you waiting for 4 months and then refuse for this stupid mistake and charge the fees even they knew application gonna be refused?
Is this just way to make extra bucks? They may increase the fees and establish better communication with the candidates I hope.

cometocanada

Aug 18, 2015
Now I think I am considering cancelling my application and reapply. Instead of waiting another 3 months I can possibly apply withing few days Any opinion on that ?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cometocanada said:
Thanks for the reply. Will that in any case affect my BOWP as I have applied for BOWP and currently on implied status. I am expecting BOWP decision in few days. :(. Any other way like calling the agent or anything else including consulting lawyer on this matter.
Its very surprising they can see transcripts online through WES still need original documents.
It would be reasonable that they have refused before passing R10 atleast We didnt have to pay the fees and could have applied in next round of application (no harm done basically) . Isnt it unfair to keep you waiting for 4 months and then refuse for this stupid mistake and charge the fees even they knew application gonna be refused?
Is this just way to make extra bucks? They may increase the fees and establish better communication with the candidates I hope.
I'm unfamiliar with BOWPs, so I can't answer that.

CIC are only able to see your ECA online (through the reference number). They can't see the original diplomas and certificates. This is why you are required to upload them. If they are not in English or French, you also need a certified translation.

The reason why it wasn't outright rejected is because I assume you are applying under CEC. ECA / foreign credentials are not an eligibility requirement for CEC, this is why you weren't rejected in the first completeness check.

Rather, the foreign degree earned you additional points under the CRS points system. They only check the accuracy of your points later in the process as it is more complicated.

cometocanada said:
Now I think I am considering cancelling my application and reapply. Instead of waiting another 3 months I can possibly apply withing few days Any opinion on that ?
Withdrawing the application takes a while also (4-6 weeks). Better to wait and see what happens in the next 30 days. Normally, you should receive a reply stating whether or not the documents you submitted via CSE have been attached to your application.

cometocanada

Aug 18, 2015
Thanks very much. Lets see what happens. Although I have more than 1 years experience and also they have set condition in gcms notes for cec as met but still they put me in fsw stream. You never know what they will do to you. I feel despite working hard i.e completing post graduate studies here and 1 year full time job in B category that is too after masters in my country and good 5 years experience ,we are just an applicant to them and purely on their mercy. The pity is you cant even communicate with them in any ways.
As they are always politically correct I know PR is privilege not rights.

ANyways I think I would better go home if they give any negative feedback. Cant wait my whole life for PR.