Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
It's disheartening to hear so many people talking about abusing the PNP program.

The PNP is designed for a province to be able to meet it's own immigration needs. It serves as a safety valve, and is how (for example) students that have insufficient points on a PGWP can stay working for their existing employers. Right now, immigrants are clustering in certain cities - this lets provinces bypass the regular requirements and bring in needed people in certain occupations, and to attract those with ties to that province (due to family, school, or work).

When you ask how long you "have" to stay in a province, you're missing the point. Legally, the answer is "you don't" - it has to be long enough to show you didn't lie. Honesty, however, is it's own thing.

They keep track of PNP immigrants and where they migrate to. They look at taxes paid (based on SIN) and where they end up.

Don't believe me?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/research/interprov-mobility/section4.asp

Note that fewer than half of the PNP people from the atlantic region stayed.

CIC knows this. The provinces know this.

PNP is more important now than it ever was, as for many people it's the only way they can qualify. I know someone here (for example) who graduated here, and has an employer here. She's in a reasonably technical job, but can't get a LMIA without quitting her job and moving elsewhere. BC wants her to stay, and she qualified for the BC PNP. If someone took that nomination, then moved somewhere else, she would be going home. It's one thing if it was someone with more ties to BC, but to have someone lie and leave would hurt her, hurt BC, and hurt the odds of anyone getting PNP in the future.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kateg,first of all we never and we will never criticize the pnp. there is no reason to do that. Its the only process of draw we are discussing and that too is based on statistics they have given in july. Firstly they should give statistic every quarterly with th draw. Secondly draw dates must be finalized and the number of intake. Thirdly every category has its own demand so different draws shall be performed. And above all PNp is nothing bad its just that how could u guess when to opt for PNP?. Like I have crs 438 and i am confused. i may get a chance if ces comes down to 438 which is likely. And if i take a PNo and than it comes down to 400 I would just regret for accepting PNP and may be who were less score would get PT/ Now u understand what happens
They only say the new system is based on merits. Where is the merit. IF i pick up PNo today and it will go to 300 crs than?

Dont just say anything and blame others., this is just merely an discussion on whats happening in CIc draws. They may develop better system in coming time but for now there are loop holes
kateg is just criticizing to get noticed in the colomn. kateg this is no fun. This is our future and we all discuss with logic. All who has got above 400 are intelligent enuf to discuss . kateg please just be negative in life. u can be noticed being good

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
bestofluck said:
kateg,first of all we never and we will never criticize the pnp. there is no reason to do that. Its the only process of draw we are discussing and that too is based on statistics they have given in july. Firstly they should give statistic every quarterly with th draw. Secondly draw dates must be finalized and the number of intake. Thirdly every category has its own demand so different draws shall be performed. And above all PNp is nothing bad its just that how could u guess when to opt for PNP?. Like I have crs 438 and i am confused. i may get a chance if ces comes down to 438 which is likely. And if i take a PNo and than it comes down to 400 I would just regret for accepting PNP and may be who were less score would get PT/ Now u understand what happens
They only say the new system is based on merits. Where is the merit. IF i pick up PNo today and it will go to 300 crs than?

Dont just say anything and blame others., this is just merely an discussion on whats happening in CIc draws. They may develop better system in coming time but for now there are loop holes
Totally agree with your proposition

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
bestofluck said:
Firstly they should give statistic every quarterly with th draw. Secondly draw dates must be finalized and the number of intake.
They release the statistics bi-yearly. The draw dates aren't finalized, because they don't know them in advance. They have only a couple of variables - when they draw, how many and what score. They can pick two - the third will be a function of the others. They have shown they don't want the score to go too low, or the number of people drawn to vary too much, so all they can really vary is the date. Applications (and LMIAs, and PNPs) are variable, so they do the best they can. They aren't going to have the dates certain, so they can't release them. If they fixed the dates, then the draws would either have to fluctuate more in numbers or score.

Thirdly every category has its own demand so different draws shall be performed.
Why should it? If the CRS scores applicants on quality, why turn down a higher quality applicant for a lower one? That would defeat the whole point of a comprehensive ranking system. The system is designed so good candidates with a bad score can either get a LMIA (employer-driven), or PNP (provincial need-driven). CIC isn't supposed to be deciding who they like - the score is supposed to do that for them.

And above all PNp is nothing bad its just that how could u guess when to opt for PNP?.
We faced that same question. My wife and I considered Ontario, because we actually have ties there (we were married there, years ago). Nobody could tell us what was best for us, but we did know that if we made the decision to go there, we would do our best to live there and establish ourselves. A province that was willing to give us that chance deserved nothing less.

Like I have crs 438 and i am confused. i may get a chance if ces comes down to 438 which is likely. And if i take a PNo and than it comes down to 400 I would just regret for accepting PNP and may be who were less score would get PT/ Now u understand what happens
What does it matter? If you take advantage of a PNP offer, you still get permanent residency. If the score comes down later, you still got exactly what you were offered - a path to a better life. The fact that someone else's deal was easier doesn't change that fact. I spent a year of my life working towards (and waiting for) a LMIA. In the meantime, the score dropped enough that my wife got an ITA anyway. Was it a waste? Of course not - my work bought my family security, and a Plan B. My permanent residency is no less valid because we got it one way instead of another.

The merit is that the needs of Canada change over time. Sometimes, they need more immigrants. Sometimes, they need fewer. If Canada goes through an economic boom (for example, if the price of oil goes up), the CRS score will go down significantly. If Canada goes through an economic bust (a depression, for example), the score will go way up. In all cases, they pick the best applicants from the pool. Some may luck out in that the barrier to entry is lower, but that doesn't make the system less merit-based or fair.

kateg is just criticizing to get noticed in the colomn.
This isn't about me getting noticed. This is about trying to understand the system, so that we can all learn from it and work within it. Canada is saying "we want these types of people", and the people on this forum should strive to be the people Canada is looking for. If you don't understand what they are doing and why, the system looks like it's a madhouse being run by the inmates.

kateg this is no fun. This is our future and we all discuss with logic. All who has got above 400 are intelligent enuf to discuss . kateg please just be negative in life. u can be noticed being good
This is indeed our future. That's why I focus on logic, on facts, on scientific analysis. Truth will help bring about our goals, not simply feeling good about them.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kateg said:
They release the statistics bi-yearly. The draw dates aren't finalized, because they don't know them in advance. They have only a couple of variables - when they draw, how many and what score. They can pick two - the third will be a function of the others. They have shown they don't want the score to go too low, or the number of people drawn to vary too much, so all they can really vary is the date. Applications (and LMIAs, and PNPs) are variable, so they do the best they can. They aren't going to have the dates certain, so they can't release them. If they fixed the dates, then the draws would either have to fluctuate more in numbers or score.

Why should it? If the CRS scores applicants on quality, why turn down a higher quality applicant for a lower one? That would defeat the whole point of a comprehensive ranking system. The system is designed so good candidates with a bad score can either get a LMIA (employer-driven), or PNP (provincial need-driven). CIC isn't supposed to be deciding who they like - the score is supposed to do that for them.

We faced that same question. My wife and I considered Ontario, because we actually have ties there (we were married there, years ago). Nobody could tell us what was best for us, but we did know that if we made the decision to go there, we would do our best to live there and establish ourselves. A province that was willing to give us that chance deserved nothing less.

What does it matter? If you take advantage of a PNP offer, you still get permanent residency. If the score comes down later, you still got exactly what you were offered - a path to a better life. The fact that someone else's deal was easier doesn't change that fact. I spent a year of my life working towards (and waiting for) a LMIA. In the meantime, the score dropped enough that my wife got an ITA anyway. Was it a waste? Of course not - my work bought my family security, and a Plan B. My permanent residency is no less valid because we got it one way instead of another.

The merit is that the needs of Canada change over time. Sometimes, they need more immigrants. Sometimes, they need fewer. If Canada goes through an economic boom (for example, if the price of oil goes up), the CRS score will go down significantly. If Canada goes through an economic bust (a depression, for example), the score will go way up. In all cases, they pick the best applicants from the pool. Some may luck out in that the barrier to entry is lower, but that doesn't make the system less merit-based or fair.

This isn't about me getting noticed. This is about trying to understand the system, so that we can all learn from it and work within it. Canada is saying "we want these types of people", and the people on this forum should strive to be the people Canada is looking for. If you don't understand what they are doing and why, the system looks like it's a madhouse being run by the inmates.

This is indeed our future. That's why I focus on logic, on facts, on scientific analysis. Truth will help bring about our goals, not simply feeling good about them.
Truth is you u hurt many in bargain....helping someone and bringing thier moral down is too far.. all having 400 + are euqally educated and they know read ing and writing after all we have CLB10....respect what others say just dont copy paste long theorys. A day will come no one will read you

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Now that 15th draw is out lets understand some basics

the crs required to get ITA has gone down by 15 pints i.e 456.

This means number of people getting PNP are small
The job offers with LMIA is too difficult and they depend on FSW and CEC
This means they will increase number of invitations
The scope of getting ITA is increased for all those above 400

The Quota for 2015 will make them increase invitees to 2500 per draw in coming month.

cheers guys dont lose hopes its just a matter of time.....things take time guys...i am here with 438 and i am very very optimistic. After all we have done our work. we have scored reasonably well . i have CLB10 IELTS why not i dream of getting ITA.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
bestofluck said:
Now that 15th draw is out lets understand some basics

the crs required to get ITA has gone down by 15 pints i.e 456.

This means number of people getting PNP are small
The job offers with LMIA is too difficult and they depend on FSW and CEC
This means they will increase number of invitations
The scope of getting ITA is increased for all those above 400

The Quota for 2015 will make them increase invitees to 2500 per draw in coming month.

cheers guys dont lose hopes its just a matter of time.....things take time guys...i am here with 438 and i am very very optimistic. After all we have done our work. we have scored reasonably well . i have CLB10 IELTS why not i dream of getting ITA.
I also have CLB 10 IELTS but only have score of 447... Damn you CIC :mad:

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
bestofluck said:
Truth is you u hurt many in bargain....helping someone and bringing thier moral down is too far..
False hope hurts. Telling people to wait only helps if the score will ultimately come down. Bringing your score up is in your control, and there are things that we can all do to work on that.

If you read my other posts in the forum, I'm glad to help people answer questions, and to figure things out. Immigration is hard, and takes persistence, perseverance, and tenacity. Some people do not have the score required to get an ITA in the near future, and if they want to immigrate, they will need to work to build it. Some people will never be able to achieve Canada, and for them, they need to focus on making the life they have better (and looking at other countries, as appropriate).

all having 400 + are euqally educated and they know read ing and writing after all we have CLB10....respect what others say just dont copy paste long theorys. A day will come no one will read you
There's a significant difference in the education level of many of the people with 400+ scores. All are not equal, nor are their linguistic abilities equal.

As for the day coming when nobody reads me, I suspect the day will come far sooner when there is no longer any point to writing. There will always be a new group of fresh faces looking to immigrate, and this forum will be there for them.

kyxy

Aug 20, 2015
kateg said:
False hope hurts. Telling people to wait only helps if the score will ultimately come down. Bringing your score up is in your control, and there are things that we can all do to work on that.

If you read my other posts in the forum, I'm glad to help people answer questions, and to figure things out. Immigration is hard, and takes persistence, perseverance, and tenacity. Some people do not have the score required to get an ITA in the near future, and if they want to immigrate, they will need to work to build it. Some people will never be able to achieve Canada, and for them, they need to focus on making the life they have better (and looking at other countries, as appropriate).

There's a significant difference in the education level of many of the people with 400+ scores. All are not equal, nor are their linguistic abilities equal.

As for the day coming when nobody reads me, I suspect the day will come far sooner when there is no longer any point to writing. There will always be a new group of fresh faces looking to immigrate, and this forum will be there for them.
False hopes when you highly qualified for FSWP and fail big time on CRS for the fact the the criteria is somehow contradicting.

And 400+ scores don't have significant difference on educational level. Though it can differ on linguistic abilities a lot.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kateg said:

you really dont understand or u are trying to act smart. where is the control to increase the score. they have 20 more points of canada exp. which u ca never score. this is rubbish.