+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS - 2 or more certificates (online certificate/diploma course from a Canadian university)

throwaway-123

Jun 27, 2020
Hi, do any of you have experience in getting qualified for '2 or more certificates' by getting a Canadian diploma/certificate online?

My original bachelor's degree was from a 'normal' university so I should have no problems getting the ECA for that.

However I've noticed that some universities in Canada offer online options to get certificates/diplomas, eg. the U of Toronto school of continuing studies, but these certificates/diplomas differ in length, some only require 3-4 individual courses, others up to 10. The U of T told me that on the final 'graduation' certificate it doesn't say whether you took online or in-person classes so the end result is technically the same.

So are there any requirements for the 'second' education? I know it says that the first degree/diploma has to be 3 years +, but if that is already fulfilled how do they judge whether the second certificate/diploma is eligible?

aqsathak

Nov 16, 2020
Hi there, did you get any information on your post? I actually just completed a 6-month certificate in risk management from York U SCS. I wanted to apply into Express entry and have education level as "two or more certificates, degrees, diplomas..." I am on the same boat as you, I I have a 4-year bachelor degree, verified with ECA already from WES. But additionally I completed my certificate from York U just this week. Please do let me know if you have any information on this.

Thank you!