+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminality check taking too long (been more than a year)

Gauzdx

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hi, My application is paper based applied through AINP. It has been more than a year that they have been conducting criminality check as my GCMS notes say it’s in progress. I don’t think I did anything wrong that would require them for deeper screening. I have visited a few countries in the past and was in Germany for 5 months in 2016.
Is there anyway to know what’s the issue or contact the respected authorities for this to get in touch with them? Also, I read somewhere about a thing called of Writ of Mandamus. Would this help me in this case if I apply for it? Are there any negative repercussions if I do that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, My application is paper based applied through AINP. It has been more than a year that they have been conducting criminality check as my GCMS notes say it’s in progress. I don’t think I did anything wrong that would require them for deeper screening. I have visited a few countries in the past and was in Germany for 5 months in 2016.
Is there anyway to know what’s the issue or contact the respected authorities for this to get in touch with them? Also, I read somewhere about a thing called of Writ of Mandamus. Would this help me in this case if I apply for it? Are there any negative repercussions if I do that?
Writ of Mandamus requires a lawyer and is typically only effective once you have been waiting 3+ years for your application to be processed. It's also typically only effective if IRCC is causing the delay. In this case it's external agencies causing the delay who IRCC has no control over. I think any decent lawyer will tell you that a Writ won't work for your situation. I guess if you find a lawyer willing to move ahead with the Writ, then worst case scenario you lose several thousand dollars without any positive impact to your application.

Unfortunately there is no way to contact the authorities involved to find out why things are taking longer. All applications are generally taking longer right now due to COVID and delays at IRCC as well as at external agencies. What you're experiencing isn't unusual right now. Everything is slow.

Reactions: Tejinderdoad

Tejinderdoad

Mar 28, 2019
Writ of Mandamus requires a lawyer and is typically only effective once you have been waiting 3+ years for your application to be processed. It's also typically only effective if IRCC is causing the delay. In this case it's external agencies causing the delay who IRCC has no control over. I think any decent lawyer will tell you that a Writ won't work for your situation. I guess if you find a lawyer willing to move ahead with the Writ, then worst case scenario you lose several thousand dollars without any positive impact to your application.

Unfortunately there is no way to contact the authorities involved to find out why things are taking longer. All applications are generally taking longer right now due to COVID and delays at IRCC as well as at external agencies. What you're experiencing isn't unusual right now. Everything is slow.
Hi guys, m in same situation any update on ur application