Interview........
09-28-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I have been too scared to post about this, but there's gotta be others in my same situation and quite frankly I am not ashamed, we all make mistakes. The important thing is to learn from them and evolve. OK, now onto the needy greedy:

I applied for PR along with criminal rehabilitation as I committed a crime years ago (over 5 of course). Wondering if anyone has any idea of timelines/process that they can share. Here is mine:

AOR: Jan 2015
AIP: Apr 2016
Request for medicals and additional background info: Mar 2016
Documents submitted: Jun 2016
Application transferred to local office for further assessment: Jun 2016

And now, I am waiting. I called the call centre and they mentioned that they are currently undergoing security checks for me but that this is done with other agencies and it is not under their control. I am almost at the 2 year mark from when I submitted and I am wondering -- how much longer?

Share your experience with me!

Flagpoleready

English-zid-lgoudam

Nov 7, 2016
outside, but on earth !
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
AOR Received.
17/11/2016 and SA 25/11/16 Elhamdoulillah
File Transfer...
25/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016 (passed)
Interview........
Not Needed...
Passport Req..
DM: 09/02/2017 PPR: 13/02/2017. Thanks God for your goodness
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2017
LANDED..........
landed hamdoulilah
hi

There is no reason to be ashamed, everybody makes mistakes, there is only God who is perfect. as you said learn from our mistakes and evolve

Yes, it's hard to wait, and it goes with the nature of the crime that you committed, is it a physical violence, theft, drugs, or rape, ect ...depence ... which is important to The eyes of immigration is the family violence and rape
in the sponsor guide IMM 3999 there is a paragraph that talks about the nature of the crimes acts, that I am sure you have already read

Personally I have no experience in this kind of problem and I hope you will find the right answers in this forum with someone who has been through this issue

I just wanted to answer you and give my opinion and open the discussion

flagpoleready

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-28-2016
Med's Request
03-28-2016
Med's Done....
06-09-2016
Interview........
09-28-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
English-zid-lgoudam said:
hi

There is no reason to be ashamed, everybody makes mistakes, there is only God who is perfect. as you said learn from our mistakes and evolve

Yes, it's hard to wait, and it goes with the nature of the crime that you committed, is it a physical violence, theft, drugs, or rape, ect ...depence ... which is important to The eyes of immigration is the family violence and rape
in the sponsor guide IMM 3999 there is a paragraph that talks about the nature of the crimes acts, that I am sure you have already read

Personally I have no experience in this kind of problem and I hope you will find the right answers in this forum with someone who has been through this issue

I just wanted to answer you and give my opinion and open the discussion
Thank you for your reply, it is nice feeling the support of this community. My offence was a nonviolent shoplifting charge. I hope others can share their experience. I have so many friends who applied after me and already have their PR card in hand. I hope to God that my approval comes soon so that I can feel some sense of relief and have the freedom to travel and visit my family.

bahazadath

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
flagpoleready said:
I have been too scared to post about this, but there's gotta be others in my same situation and quite frankly I am not ashamed, we all make mistakes. The important thing is to learn from them and evolve. OK, now onto the needy greedy:

I applied for PR along with criminal rehabilitation as I committed a crime years ago (over 5 of course). Wondering if anyone has any idea of timelines/process that they can share. Here is mine:

AOR: Jan 2015
AIP: Apr 2016
Request for medicals and additional background info: Mar 2016
Documents submitted: Jun 2016
Application transferred to local office for further assessment: Jun 2016

And now, I am waiting. I called the call centre and they mentioned that they are currently undergoing security checks for me but that this is done with other agencies and it is not under their control. I am almost at the 2 year mark from when I submitted and I am wondering -- how much longer?

Share your experience with me!

Flagpoleready
hi
plz do you have any idea for me ?
there is a warrant of arrest running against me and i would like to know if i have a chance being approved for my sponsorship application ?
i was accused for a fraud offence of under 5000$
sorry for not helping you...thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bahazadath said:
hi
there is a warrant of arrest running against me and i would like to know if i have a chance being approved for my sponsorship application ?
Your situation is completely different than the OP's and his experiences won't be of any help for your situation. The big difference between your two situations is that his charges had already been dealt with at the time he applied - your charges are still pending. Also, he was the applicant in this situation while you will be the sponsor. Unfortunately it's apples and oranges.

flagpoleready

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-28-2016
Med's Request
03-28-2016
Med's Done....
06-09-2016
Interview........
09-28-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
bahazadath said:
hi
Deal with you warrant and settle your case before you try and sponsor someone. You will not get approved and it will be a waste of time and money.

bahazadath

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
flagpoleready said:
Deal with you warrant and settle your case before you try and sponsor someone. You will not get approved and it will be a waste of time and money.
thank you for answering
tell me, objectively is it just your opinion that i respect, or you know or heard about someone who is under a warrant and he was not approved for his appliction ? thanks man

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bahazadath said:
thank you for answering
tell me, objectively is it just your opinion that i respect, or you know or heard about someone who is under a warrant and his was not approved for his appliction ? thanks man
This is not our opinion. We are responding according to CIC rules.

I know many people on this forum have now given you the same answer. I understand this isn't the answer you want to hear. However you are not going to be successful sponsoring with an outstanding warrant.

bahazadath

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
scylla said:

I know many people on this forum have now given you the same answer. I understand this isn't the answer you want to hear. However you are not going to be successful sponsoring with an outstanding warrant.
people in our situation need advises based on life experience or at least have been heard about someone's experience...not mother's advises or just write because we dont have nothing to do as you have done like as you said to me " my situation is not the same like an apple and orange" yeah!! true what i asked like a question in this topic and your first famous answer is like an "apple and orange" lol... stop smoking it starts to hurt you...

this kind of topic are sensitives, people are stressed much enough we dont need negatives answers or subjectives ones.....please if you have something positive you are the welcome
and by the way can you give me a writing that speaks or conserned my situation i will pull the hat for you

if i think that i have a chance to pass it's because i didn't find legislation that can forbid me to do....

ps: you said "However you are not going to be successful sponsoring with an outstanding warrant" !!!!! thanks...but i believe in one god

English-zid-lgoudam

Nov 7, 2016
outside, but on earth !
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
25/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016 (passed)
Interview........
Not Needed...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2017
LANDED..........
landed hamdoulilah
scylla said:

wow ! It is very encouraging my super citizen ! 8)

English-zid-lgoudam

Nov 7, 2016
outside, but on earth !
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
25/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016 (passed)
Interview........
Not Needed...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2017
LANDED..........
landed hamdoulilah
bahazadath said:
people in our situation need advises based on life experience or at least have been heard about someone's experience...not mother's advises or just write because we dont have nothing to do as you have done like as you said to me " my situation is not the same like an apple and orange" yeah!! true what i asked like a question in this topic and your first famous answer is like an "apple and orange" lol... stop smoking it starts to hurt you...

this kind of topic are sensitives, people are stressed much enough we dont need negatives answers or subjectives ones.....please if you have something positive you are the welcome
and by the way can you give me a writing that speaks or conserned my situation i will pull the hat for you

if i think that i have a chance to pass it's because i didn't find legislation that can forbid me to do....

ps: you said "However you are not going to be successful sponsoring with an outstanding warrant" !!!!! thanks...but i believe in one god
you have to be objective and keep focus on your issue. You dont need to enter in polimics you can just ignor
ok, have you asked an immigration lawyer ? if yes what he said ?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
bahazadath said:

If you are subject to a warrant you must have been charged with an offence?

Criminal charges
Sponsors and co-signers are asked on the application to sponsor if they have been
charged with a serious offence. If the charges may lead to imprisonment or an A44(1)
report, the sponsorship must be held in abeyance until the charges have been dealt with.

The visa office must contact CPC-M if it uncovers information that could lead to serious
charges in Canada.
CPC staff will:
• verify FOSS for information on serious criminal charges; and refer to an inland CIC if
such information exists.

So I guess it depends on if your crime could give you a prison sentence. I'd think dealing with that first would be the smart route.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Aquakitty said:
So I guess it depends on if your crime could give you a prison sentence. I'd think dealing with that first would be the smart route.
It was theft under $5000 and yes, this can result in a prison sentence:

http://www.mpjlaw.ca/Theft-Under-$5000-Theft-Over-$5000-Criminal-Code-322-334

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bahazadath said:
your first famous answer is like an "apple and orange" lol... stop smoking it starts to hurt you...
"Apples and oranges" is actually an extremely common idiom meaning that two things are very different. Having said that, it's probably a good idea to avoid the use of idioms here given English isn't everyone's first language. I'll try to do that in the future.

bahazadath

Nov 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2016
English-zid-lgoudam said:
you have to be objective and keep focus on your issue. You dont need to enter in polimics you can just ignor
ok, have you asked an immigration lawyer ? if yes what he said ?
yeah,i have to... i'm under pressure, but i will survive...thanks for your support