+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Credential evaluation for Physiotherapists immigrating to Canada from India

prachi

Jan 7, 2011
Hello everyone! This querry goes to all the Physiotherapists who have immigrated or are in the process of immigration to Canada. I have applied for evaluation of my credentials to the Alliance but have heard varied reports about the time that the Alliance takes to give you a report. I am planning to fly to Canada in April or May and want to know if I have got the PLAR so that I can start doing some online credits if there are any expected of me. Can someone who has gone through the eval please help me out here? ???
Many thanks...

j.nikey

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Prachi, me too looking for similar info. What have you completed, BPT or MPT?
I have done my MPT from Pune Univ.

Any PT from India who has completed the credential process plz help.

prachi

Jan 7, 2011
Hi
I have completed my M.Sc Pt from UK. Can you pass me your email id so we can start exchanging emails regarding this? Are you an active member on any other forums? Tc..

indie76

May 22, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am also from India and have applied for my credential evaluation with alliance recently.I live in Ottawa,reached here in october 2010.Based on the experience of currently licensed Pts in Canada from India,those with a Bachelors had to take courses like research methodology and statistics and Canadian Health system.But there is no set rule i believe.B cos two of our classmates applied,both are with BPT one did not get even one course to take but the other one had to do around 3 courses.So it totally depends on your luck i believe.

So far those with a Masters degree had to take only a course in Canadian health system which is not difficult one and can be finished with in a month or so.

Right now the process is delayed due to an increased volume of applicants.Those who are applied 4 -6 months before is still waiting for the result.

You could findout if anyone from your own batch from the same university (Same Graduation date) have done this and wat was the result that will give you a clear idea.

Good luck for all :)

mayankpt

Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 nov 2011
AOR Received.
PER 3 FEB 2012
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
21 feb 2012
Med's Request
29 march 2012
Med's Done....
9 april 2012, Medicals sent on 10 april
Passport Req..
29 March,2012
indie76 said:
Hi Guys,

I am also from India and have applied for my credential evaluation with alliance recently.I live in Ottawa,reached here in october 2010.Based on the experience of currently licensed Pts in Canada from India,those with a Bachelors had to take courses like research methodology and statistics and Canadian Health system.But there is no set rule i believe.B cos two of our classmates applied,both are with BPT one did not get even one course to take but the other one had to do around 3 courses.So it totally depends on your luck i believe.

So far those with a Masters degree had to take only a course in Canadian health system which is not difficult one and can be finished with in a month or so.

Right now the process is delayed due to an increased volume of applicants.Those who are applied 4 -6 months before is still waiting for the result.

You could findout if anyone from your own batch from the same university (Same Graduation date) have done this and wat was the result that will give you a clear idea.

Good luck for all :)
hi...
i am really confused regarding the credential evaluations!!!planning to get PR Visa...i want to ask..can i apply for credantail evaluation simultaneously?otr shud i wait for the visa to be issued..pls help anyone!!!

mayankpt

Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 nov 2011
AOR Received.
PER 3 FEB 2012
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
21 feb 2012
Med's Request
29 march 2012
Med's Done....
9 april 2012, Medicals sent on 10 april
Passport Req..
29 March,2012
j.nikey said:
Hey Prachi, me too looking for similar info. What have you completed, BPT or MPT?
I have done my MPT from Pune Univ.

Any PT from India who has completed the credential process plz help.
hey..i do have same question....if you get any information pl do let me knw!!!need help!!

Dhruv82

Jun 5, 2012
Hey Mayank u can apply for the credential evaluation right from India as It takes a long time if you start after coming to canada.

4can

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 february 2010
Doc's Request.
25 march 2010
AOR Received.
30 July 2010
IELTS Request
Inprocess since 15 march 2012
File Transfer...
Wait letter- 23 march 2012
Med's Request
26 feb 2013
Med's Done....
18 march 2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
Hi people,
I have just got my credentials Eval report. I have applied for PLAR and also waiting for my school to send documents to Alliance.
Alliance is taking about an year n a half in today's pace to give a report once uve send all the necessary documents.
If u haven't applied yet for the cred Eval, do it as soon as you get your file number from the visa office.
U can only know if u need to do PLAR after you get ur credential Eval report.
If u have done your masters, u may need to take only the context of PT practice in Canada. N again if u have min 3 months exp in Canada, u need not do that. ( if u have already applied before jan 2012).
Jan 2012 has brought some major changes.
I hope this clears some queries!
4can

sadu

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Thank you so much it was very informative. I applied for credentials in July 2011. Till now I didnt get the report. Submitted passport and waiting for visa also. I hope to get report soon.

4can

Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 february 2010
Doc's Request.
25 march 2010
AOR Received.
30 July 2010
IELTS Request
Inprocess since 15 march 2012
File Transfer...
Wait letter- 23 march 2012
Med's Request
26 feb 2013
Med's Done....
18 march 2013
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 2013
LANDED..........
Nov 2013
sadu said:
Thank you so much it was very informative. I applied for credentials in July 2011. Till now I didnt get the report. Submitted passport and waiting for visa also. I hope to get report soon.
Hope you get both of it together so as to give your exams as soon as you land!
Best wishes!

Dhruv82

Jun 5, 2012
HI everybody, Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy has changed the form & rules for the credential process from March 2012. I have applied for the credentials before coming to India & still they will take around 8 months to complete it. I am mentioning some points which could help in your credential process.
1. Apply as soon as possible even you can apply for credential before applying for P.R. According to the new rule in immigration from jan. 2013 everybody has to apply for credential before P.R. Once you got ur credential clear & equivalent to the Canadian Degree only then you can apply for the P.R.
2. Candidate who have Masters degree in Physiotherapy mostly don't need to go for the PLAR, so big problem is for the Bachelors.
3. As i have applied for the Credential, i have checked that they have make the credential process little more responsive. Once you got your file no. then you can check every Monday on their website to see the progress.which was not possible earlier.
4. Candidate for credential are divided in to two groups by alliance pt for evaluation. If you are a precedent case it means that someone form the same university, same college & same year has already gone through the process then they can consider your credential equivalent to your class-mates & it just takes 24-25 weeks. In case of unprecedented case, means who is the first to apply from his class for credential takes a long time usually more than 1 year.
If you have any query, just mail me.

frendzpz

Aug 30, 2011
Dhruv82 said:
HI everybody, Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy has changed the form & rules for the credential process from March 2012. I have applied for the credentials before coming to India & still they will take around 8 months to complete it. I am mentioning some points which could help in your credential process.
1. Apply as soon as possible even you can apply for credential before applying for P.R. According to the new rule in immigration from jan. 2013 everybody has to apply for credential before P.R. Once you got ur credential clear & equivalent to the Canadian Degree only then you can apply for the P.R.
2. Candidate who have Masters degree in Physiotherapy mostly don't need to go for the PLAR, so big problem is for the Bachelors.
3. As i have applied for the Credential, i have checked that they have make the credential process little more responsive. Once you got your file no. then you can check every Monday on their website to see the progress.which was not possible earlier.
4. Candidate for credential are divided in to two groups by alliance pt for evaluation. If you are a precedent case it means that someone form the same university, same college & same year has already gone through the process then they can consider your credential equivalent to your class-mates & it just takes 24-25 weeks. In case of unprecedented case, means who is the first to apply from his class for credential takes a long time usually more than 1 year.
If you have any query, just mail me.
hi,thanks brother for this informatiom,me n mywife got PR visa,she also applied for credentials,she is MPTin orthopaedic,whats ur opinion regarding credentials?

Dhruv82

Jun 5, 2012
HI,
I think if you have MPT degree then you may not require PLAR. But it takes a long time. Actually they start the assessment once they have sent you a letter that "we have received & accepted all the documents & begin your assessment." It's after this statement that they take around 8-12 months. In my case they took 4-5 months just to accept all the document & they will take around 1 year to complete the assessment. If you have any query then you are welcome.

USHA THIRU

Oct 9, 2012
Hi Friends,
I am new to this forum, I was confused with my credential evaluation process, but after viewing this page, now having a clear vision.
Let me share something about my credential evaluation………
I have done MPT (Neurology) degree from India,
Applied for CE in July 2011, completed sending all documents in Nov 2011(this was the information from the alliance), so from that still waiting for the report, status is now “reviewing the content of the education".
Meanwhile I entered Canada, completed the PR procedure and came back to the present working country,
Recently I have applied for the online course "Physiotherapy Practice within the Canadian Health Care Context", thinking this will help in future when I receive the CE report from the alliance.
Hope everything goes fine and planning to go back Canada after completing CE and once I register for the theory exam.

My one and only question is about PLAR? Will I get?

sadu

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi
I applied for credentialling on July 2011 and got the reports last week. It said there is deficit in canadian health system, research and bio-statistics. I heard whatever papers v submit through college v studied, v will get PLAR. And reg canadian health system, if v had worked there in canada, then no need to give PLAR.