+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Creating a new profile with new gckey

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I declined my previous ITA. I want to create a new profile and one the questions asks "Has XXX applied to IRCC before?", "What was the Express entry file number?" ,"What was you UCI?".

I never submitted my eAPR. So should the answer to the 1st question be Yes or NO?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Has XXX applied to IRCC before?",
NO

"What was the Express entry file number?"
NA

,"What was you UCI?".
NA

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks but are you certain about the Express entry question? SInce i received an ITA, i Must have been in the pool and therefore must have applied for express entry. Other senior members please chime in

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is my question as well,i recreated my profile last night..i have never received an ITA from my previous profile..i answered this question as yes and provided my previous ee profile number. is that wrong?i dont know what uci is..

lastly,can we still edit our answer to this question?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Since you guys have not sent any application to IRCC, you must answer NO to the question "Have you applied before?"

ricky1982

Aug 2, 2018
Hi Experts,

NEED URGENT VIEWS.............

I created EE profile and due to some issue I withdrew it. Then I created my spouse EE profile with the same GC key which is still active. No ITA received yet. Now my IELTS score improved. I score more points than my spouse. Need clarification on following issues:
1.Is it advisable to use same GCkey or to create a new one?
2. All information stored in withdrew profile would be matched by IRCC with new profile as I want to make some changes in personal history (though keeping work history same for which points being claimed)?
3. Should I include only that work experience in work history section for which I am claiming points or have to enter all work ex. for the last 10 years and post ITA shift the rest work ex. (for which no points claimed) in personal history?
4. Do the Visa officers ask documents for which no points claimed?

Please give your expert suggestions! Thanks...

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
this is my question as well,i recreated my profile last night..i have never received an ITA from my previous profile..i answered this question as yes and provided my previous ee profile number. is that wrong?i dont know what uci is..

lastly,can we still edit our answer to this question?
Hi same thing happened to me. Could you please help as I have also said yes and enterd profile no . Not received ita before.
Thanks and regards

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Since you guys have not sent any application to IRCC, you must answer NO to the question "Have you applied before?"
Hi ,same problem here. But I said yes to the question to be on safer side because had submitted the profile and there is old profile no.could u please help in this regard
Thanks and regards

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Thanks but are you certain about the Express entry question? SInce i received an ITA, i Must have been in the pool and therefore must have applied for express entry. Other senior members please chime in
Same here .I said yes to the question and entered the old profile no too.because submitting is also kinda application.to be on safer side.whats your experience.please advise

Lammiebelle

Jul 9, 2018
Pls i got cancelled and would like to create a new profile so i can reapply. i have Ainp which will expire April 2020. If i create a new profile, what do i do not to loose my Ainp...my score is 1034. I hope i wont loose the added 600 marks through AINP. I need the process pls

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Pls i got cancelled and would like to create a new profile so i can reapply. i have Ainp which will expire April 2020. If i create a new profile, what do i do not to loose my Ainp...my score is 1034. I hope i wont loose the added 600 marks through AINP. I need the process pls
Hi I would suggest to create a new thread a ask the question you will get many answers.
And, I think you wont loose your marks if you link the profile.

Prince Jaswal

Mar 3, 2021
Hi Experts,

NEED URGENT VIEWS.............

I created EE profile and due to some issue I withdrew it. Then I created my spouse EE profile with the same GC key which is still active. No ITA received yet. Now my IELTS score improved. I score more points than my spouse. Need clarification on following issues:
1.Is it advisable to use same GCkey or to create a new one?
2. All information stored in withdrew profile would be matched by IRCC with new profile as I want to make some changes in personal history (though keeping work history same for which points being claimed)?
3. Should I include only that work experience in work history section for which I am claiming points or have to enter all work ex. for the last 10 years and post ITA shift the rest work ex. (for which no points claimed) in personal history?
4. Do the Visa officers ask documents for which no points claimed?

Please give your expert suggestions! Thanks...
Hi, so did u get a solution?
Cuz i did the same thing by withdrawing and recreating a new one under same gckey...
Is it a problem?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
First of all, you don't need to create a new GCkey to submit a new profile. You can simply withdraw the current profile and submit a new one. Also, it is better to actually edit the current profile rather than submitting a new one since it helps with tie-breakers to have an older profile submission date.

Secondly, EE profile is not the same thing as an application. However, it is also okay to say yes and provide the old profile number. Be sure to explain whatever you do in a letter of explanation (later during application stage).